Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Re: Carl, I think Holly, like Whoopi, is one of those beloved celebs who has faced the danger reality TV poses for actors: the reveal of certain unsavory aspects of their personalities. It's cool because it makes them human and we don't have to be disillusioned by our real or imagined ideas of who they are as people based solely on the occasional interview. Of course reality TV also "creates" characters through editing as you pointed out.

Remarkably, Leah can be both nails on the chalkboard brash and dishwater dull at the same time, though I think I like her for the most part. She is also a Scientologist, I wonder if they'll ever discuss that at any length. Sharon had her own talk show for a whie which I didn't see much of but she seemed like a sweet, caring host actually, but we all know she will go to the mat when you come at her wrong. Sara like former The View moderators is a lesbian mom like Rosie with the intelligence and composure of Meredith. It should be an interesting mix. Julie Chen just doesn't strike me as a very "in touch" type of panelist though, some people are just better suited as hosts or GMA/Today Show-types.

• Members

who the F___ cares that they're mothers? What does they being mothers do for me? If anything, it probably means their opinions are even more annoying than the ones on the view, but maybe they can guilt trip the audience into watching.

I just don't understand the women who make up the viewing public. The tripe they will watch hour after hour...how many chat shows, judge shows, cooking shows, and therapy and self help shows starring Oprah wannabes does the American woman need to have a satisfying day?

• Members

I haven't really seen Holly out of character, so I'm not sure what to expect with her. I know she has an autistic son, so that's probably why the idea of being on a "mom" show appealed to her. That's good, anything to get facts out of there about controversial issues like autism.

I don't mind the concept or the show. It'll fail so miserably in ATWT's time slot, though, if that's where they go with it. They'd be better to put LMAD in ATWT's old slot and this new show in GL's old slot, because then it'll be more likely to go up against the likes of Ellen, Oz, Phil, etc.

• Members

Julie is someone who takes a long time to warm up -- she's much better in recent years on Big Brother but she is still somewhat rusty on the Early Show.

I liked Leah Remini on Saved by the Bell and for a while on King of Queens but over time she becomes grating -- your description is apt. She's like a less bitter Patricia Heaton.

Sara should be OK, I guess. I wouldn't mind seeing her get more success, she has always seemed very intelligent to me and doesn't have some of the coldness of her sister.

Sharon Osborne is a strange duck because I mostly enjoy her appearances in the US, she comes across well, but her catty and juvenile behavior while on the X-Factor in the UK really annoyed me. Let's just say I don't think Dannii Minogue will ever be invited on this show.

• Members

The thing is, most ATWT will hate whatever goes in its place no matter what. Even tho ATWT wasnt cancelled for this. This is simply going into a vacant slot left by ATWT. Furthermore, it was left because the show sucked. Its amusing that the very fans who screamed from the rooftops to anyone how awful the show was and how it should just get the ax are not complaining. Same thing happened with GL.

Im sorry ur losing ur show, but its not this shwos fault. Hell, its not even CBS' fault. Its ATWT/P&G's fault. They were given so much time to turn it around and couldnt. But really, they cant even get all of the blame. The market for that many soaps just is not there anymore, hell the market for soaps is going away all the time. Soon their will be none left.

• Members

Right, there's really nothing to "sell" on that, they are all mothers, they are all women, this is all a The View ripoff, just leave it at "new daytime show." And putting a "mom" spin on each and every topic will get very old very fast, imo. Especially when this is an hour-long program.

I can't help but be reminded of Dick Clark's The View ripoff, The Other Half (he wanted to call it "The Other View" but Ms. Walters put her foot down) with him as Barbara, Danny Bonaduce as Joy, dude from soul train as Starr, and Mario Lopez as Debbi/Lisa/Elizabeth.

Archived