Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Members
If CBS decides to put Pyramid in the running to replace B&B, Y&R, or Deal/TPIR, they will order another pilot. I heard the pilot wasn't as "traditional" as the Pyramid we all grew up loving. So maybe it IS a good thing this didn't get picked up. But I am still sad. I love me some gameshows. But talk shows are fun, trashy trainwrecks too. :)

Yes the pilot was an hourlong, and yes I think another hourlong gameshow could have worked. It's not like the three blocks are paired together.

ABC should not put The View into syndication. That would be a big mistake.

I agree. Leaving CBS affiliates to their own to purchase syndicated programming means the bigger markets will have the money to get good syndicated programming, the others will have to settle for Street Court or Dr. Phil replays.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I don't get is why they think talk shows or panel shows are going to work -- there really haven't been any successful new shows in this genre in quite some time.

The other problem is that they are so half-assed. Look at the generally forgettable LMAD. Or what they have let happen to TPIR. They just don't seem to care about anything.

• Members

It's all good, dude. I deserve it, I've been so cocky about wanting Pyramid back.

But hey...here is your first subject: GO!

"General Hospital,

Dahlia Salem,

Claire Walsh,

Brianna Brown,

Syndicated Programming,

Flat-Screens,

The 1980's,

Hating Connie Falconeri

Lisa Lo Cicero

Jill Farren Phelps

Karen Harris

Port Charles

The City

Mike Corbin

Giggly Heffa Subtitles"

"Things That bellcurve Will Continue to Aggressively Pimp on SON?"

DING DING DING DING DING DING!

:) I look forward to it. :)

• Members

Um, if I wanted to watch "The View," I'd watch Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepard, Joy Behar, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Give me a f^cking break- are you serious? I can see it now:

Chenbot: On today's show, we have Lindsay Lohan's new attorney, Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds, and David Caruso from CSI: Miami.....................................

BUT FIRST.............Issues of the Day!

• Members

YES! <3

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPl9P1tiLo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPl9P1tiLo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPl9P1tiLo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members
I still enjoy the concept of syndicated programming except everything is kind of the same. Entertainment Tonight used to be the classy sister to trashy sister show Hard Copy. Now, we have The Insider and Entertainment Tonight. The biggest problem I have with this is that The Insider is basically a ripoff of The View and Entertainment Tonight doesn't contrast the sister show in terms of content or stories. It's all the same trash.

And I thought Hacienda Heights was gonna be rolled out on the weekends in the fall, two half-hour blocks courtesy of Trifecta Entertainment.

• Members

Totally agree. I remember when ABC gave up the 11:30 slot after PC was canceled, it turned into a haven for random syndicated shows that disappeared after a year. "Home Delivery." I don't even know what that was about, but every day at the very beginning of my AMC tape, there was it was.

What are all the talk shows right now? Regis and Kelly, Ellen, Oprah, Phil, Oz, The Doctors, Wendy, Martha, Rachael, The View. Anybody important that I'm forgetting? Regis/K and Ellen are basically the same, Oz and The Doctors are basically the same, Martha and Rachael are very similar.

• Members

Although I had hoped Julie Chen wouldn't land herself another job on the network, you're right: I, for one, am not complaining that ATWT is being replaced, precisely b/c, like GUIDING LIGHT before it, the "real" ATWT died a long time ago. Granted, ATWT was/is more salvageable than GL was, but it's clear no one in charge -- CBS or PGP/Televest -- was interested in doing that, so why keep it on the air and allow it to become even worse than it already is?

I won't be watching this new talk show (I couldn't stand "The View" for the very reason that it had entirely too many co-hosts), but I'm glad CBS didn't just surrender the timeslot to local affiliates, either.

• Members

Nope. Affiliates will get that half-hour back for hourlong newscasts.

And AllMyShadows, several affiliates(probably at CBS' insistence) are already airing Let's Make a Deal in the pre-TPIR timeslot. Los Angeles and Atlanta are two affiliates I know for sure that are airing it before TPIR.

A mid-afternoon talk show is just not gonna work. I wonder if CBS plans on shifting new "Mommy" show to 12/12:30 for those post-View-ers who want a different take on today's issues and move Y&R in either ATWT's timeslot or put it on at 3PM.

I can see CBS being hungry enough to move Y&R for MommyView under the guise of "If Y&R is the #1 show now, its loyal viewers will follow the show to whatever timeslot it occupies." Take that Maria! You might get owned by Les Mooves and the power of the Chenbot.

• Members

It makes me sad that you're serious in your love for this. The only reason to watch this crap will be to see the trainwreck as it happens. Do we even know who's producing it yet?

And as a card carrying 'ATWT' fan, I would have been elated to have Pyramid back, if done right. It's my fave game show of all-time & I DVR all of GSN's repeats.

Count me among those that will be laughing their asses off when LMAD bottoms out at a .8 and Chenchat is right down there with it. They might as well just raise their white flag as far as daytime programming goes- it can't even be argued that it's a good business decision anymore. They've replaced two 50+ year old shows that were still pulling in 2,000,000+ fans & brought back a kitschy, shitty game show from the 70s and replaced the other show with a rip-off of a solidly rated talk show that ABC has aired for 10+ years. Again, I say. Give. Me. A. F*CKING. BREAK.

Archived