Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Members

From Deadline Hollywood:

Daily Talk Show To Replace 'As The World Turns' On CBS This Fall

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday July 21, 2010 @ 9:54am PDT

EXCLUSIVE: I hear CBS has picked the replacement for departing daytime soap As the World Turns: a daily panel talk show hosted by Sara Gilbert, on whose idea the show is based, Julie Chen, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini that focuses on topical events through the eyes of moms. The pilot, executive produced by Tom Forman (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition), John Redmann (The Tyra Banks Show) and Gilbert, was one of several CBS ordered for the ATWT timeslot, along with a Pyramid reboot hosted by Andy Richter and a cooking game show starring Emeril Lagasse. But I hear the View-type female-oriented talk show screened very well at the network and had been the clear frontrunner. I hear eyes a tentative October launch, a pretty ambitious plan for mounting a new daily show with only 8 weeks of prep time. ATWT is slated to bow out in September after a 54-year run. The talk show will be filmed in Los Angeles where Chen also co-hosts CBS’ Early Show year-round as well as the network’s reality series Big Brother in the summer.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Call me surprised.....NOT! I knew this s h i t was going to happen! Her lame ass show is going to fail badly.

And bellcurve thought he was going to get his pyramid....i knew les moonves was going to get his lame [!@#$%^&*] wife on daytime. Damn now she is on at night..in the morning and now in the [!@#$%^&*] afternoon.....UGH....F U C K!

• Members

So it's a done deal. I didn't realize that Sara Gilbert was actually behind it. I wonder how it'll do in that time slot, seems like a morning or late afternoon show, not a 2pm show.

Oh, and Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne, AND Leah Remini?? That's a LOT of personality right there and I think they are well aware of that and banking on it. No shrinking violets here, and though they're all pretty liberally-minded women, disagreements on hot button issues will get LOUD.

• Members

I'm praying that BB, this new lame ass ripe off the View fail badly. CBS morning show is already in the toilet..dead last in the ratings.....BB isnt that great of a ratings grabbier anyways....so Chen is getting 3......3 paychecks?? Man she must be good at home...if you know what I mean!

• Members

Whatever, i am excited. I am so over The View, and with Tyra leaving and Oprah ending soon i need a new daytime talk show.

I love the chenbot. I cant wait to see Darlene Conner again. I also really like HRP, Sharon brings the LOLz, and then there is Leah... whos just there. But she was on Saved The Bell The Beach Club Episodes, so i kinda love her too.

I am also glad its not a game show because LMAD & TPIR are bth very good and fit together, and do not need another one.

• Members

I'm not sure about that panel. Sharon Obsorne is OK but on a daily basis, in a panel format? Leah Remini seems somewhat unpleasant. Holly Robinson seemed to get a negative reaction on the last Celebrity Apprentice (although they make everyone look bad).

• Members

I have no clue who Holly Robinson is. I love Sara Gilbert and THE CHENBOT and Sharon Osbourne as well. I'm with jackpeyton, with Tyra ending (I will weep) and The View just being tired, a new daytime talk show is just what I need. I've also always enjoyed Remini as well, though the fact that she is a Scientologist, or at least hangs out with those freaks, is unsettling.

Archived