Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Members

She beat up an ANTM person.

Huge is AWFUL. I seriously only watch it because its on after Secret Life (and that show is awful, but in a so bad its amazing kinda way.) I had high hopes for huge, but man has it sucked. And NB sure doesnt help at all. Surprsingly, i find Haylee hasselhoff the best

Knowing NBC it would be to rerun The Jay Leno Show, that primetime version tho. lol.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Partly for sentimental reasons MSCL is my all time fave show (I should rewatch it--tis' been a long time) and Herskovitz/Zwick are prob my all time fave tv producers (thirtysomething, MSCL, Once and Again, even relativity which is kinda forgotten -- great stuff. I admit I even started to like near the end their messy web drama 1/4 Life, even if the original TV pilot, well the script anyway, was far better--I wish the pilot woulda leaked). Maybe Holzman isn't as good without H&Z though I still will check out her show despite what Jack P on here sys--a lot of critics like it anyway and it can't be worse than Pretty Little Liars... relativity was always more Jason Katims' show it seems, though they were still involved, but I wish it would get a DVD release--Katims at least now has a critical name to himself due to Friday Night Lights and to a lesser degree Parenthood and Rosswell.

• Members

Unfortunately, when a writer/producer such as Holzman sets the bar so high with a series like MSCL, it's hard for viewers to warm up to anything that comes afterward, mostly b/c, MSCL remains so strong and positive in their minds.

• Members

MSCL also has the benefit of being such a short series. I am not saying it would have tanked and gone awful, but the first season was so strong and perfect. Thats all people remember, but i do wonder how great it would have been when it went on. Freaks & Geeks is another example of this.

• Members

That's a valid point, although I think Herskovitz and Zwick's talent only grew with the final seasons of thirtysomething and Once and Again, so maybe their heavy involvement woulda kept the ship running? (I thought Once and Again had another year in it--after the short season 3--where's that DVD--, but I have to admit I think four seasons for thirysomething, and maybe four for O&A wouldhave been fine--their wasn't much to tell after that). Holzman also wrote many of the best thirtysomething and O&A episodes--I know a number of other writers on those shows who I admired, like Jan Oxenberg, have done pretty mediocre work since then (though others like Alexa Junge have done some good stuff).

• Members

I LOVE Sharon Osbourne, from The Osbournes to X Factor to America's Got Talent and all points in between. She is a ball breaking, gutsy, fabulous, survivor. I think Sara Gilbert is very intelligent. Holly Robinson Peete can be a humorless bitch (thanks for letting me know Celebrity Apprentice!), Julie Chen is prim and trim and Leah Remini is an...odd addition, she better not corrupt my Sharon!

• Members

It seems very empty, and there's nothing which makes me cringe more than when celebrities try to show us how normal they are. I know these women aren't exactly Liz Taylor so it's not like they're in their own world but the attempts to show us they're just folks, bleh. And the anecdote about Holly Robinson, even if it's one-sided, is uncomfortable.

• Members

That was(and is still being) said about The View.

If the network is committed to making this show work, it will. And they can try to bullshit the press all they want, but to say that Les Moonves won't be interfering in this or will try to see his wife's show to success is utter bullshitt.

I keep saying this, but Y&R/B&B better worry. I bet you anything Moonves/Tassler are totally moving Y&R to put "The Talk" into its timeslot, even if it goes against the wishes of Barbara Bloom(and honestly, I doubt she gives a rat's behind about Y&R anyway). There's no mention from THE NETWORK as to what timeslot "The Talk" is occupying, only that it is replacing ATWT as an hour of programming. And again, CBS will spin this as "If Y&R can perform at #1 at 12:30, it can perform at #1 at 2PM," which is utter bullshitt.

This show is not a 2PM talkshow at all. Bye bye Y&R.

• Members

This is what I think might happen this is only speculation on my part( Because like bellcurve said this is not a 2PM show). 'The Talk' would air at 11AM to 12PM when ABC 'The View' airs. Then from 12-12:30PM local news. From 12:30 to 1:30PM 'The Price Is Right' from 1:30 to 2pm 'The bold and the beautiful' and from 2PM to 3PM is 'The Young And The Restless.

Archived