Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Members

Nope. CBS "encouraged" various O&O and affiliates in other big markets(i.e. New York/LA/Atlanta) to pair Deal and Price together. I don't see Price moving from it's home to push an untested talkshow with no lead-in onto the audience, especially considering the network told several affiliates they wanted Price and Deal paired together in the early morning.

Price provides a good lead-in for any show, whether it's another gameshow/talkshow/soap. Moving Price to accomdate "The Talk" would ruin TPIR's ratings, Y&R's ratings, and The Talk's ratings. Not to mention, The Talk is aimed at the same audience The View covets(and I don't give a f*ck what they say...same audience). CBS's best strategy for success with this talkshow is putting it in the post-TPIR slot at Noon or Noon:30(half-hour delay if they do this disaster live). That way, they can concentrate on getting the Lead-In from TPIR, getting leftover "View"-ers from ABC and the Kathie Lee/Hoda show, and those CBS households that will watch anything in that timeslot.

If this were Julie Chen with Darlene from Roseanne and Lisa Rinna with Bethenney Frankel, I could say with certainty, "Yep, 2PM show." But they have way too many buzzworthy names in that cast to waste this on ATWT's timeslot. Hasbeens, yes, but to them, buzzworthy names. Couple that with, "CBS is looking to recalibrate the lineup" per an insider from the network via Deadline and you're looking at Y&R moving. I honestly wonder if Y&R can perform at the numbers they have in the 2PM slot.

I can't believe she compared The Talk to Barbershop. LOL.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bingo! Or, depending on which affiliate it is...

Local News: 12PM-12:30PM Local News

The Talk: 12:30PM-1:30PM

B&B: 1:30-2PM

Y&R: 2PM-3PM

It would be a suicidal move for Y&R, but The Talk is a sure thing for CBS for at least the next five years. They will want to give it the best home, encourage affiliates that this is their "View," and spend time getting that 12PM slot back from rogue(and those who may go rogue when Y&R is no longer offered at 12 or 12:30 on the feeds) affiliates like Atlanta that choose to air their own news show in the place of it. The View was ran in late-night on several affiliates for years before it could gain traction and station clearance. The View didn't become an 18-49 female sensation overnight.

CBS can't gain a good 18-49 female off of the demos that B&B supply as a lead-in, but it might be able to with The Price is Right. CBS doesn't want to directly compete with The View...they want people who watch The View to watch their show also. The very successful post-TPIR timeslot is theirs.

• Members

B&B and Y&R are good as cancelled if this is the new schedule. I mean look at the numbers Y&R is getting now. B&B not having Y&R's lead in is pure death......hahaha.....CBS is a hot mess and soon to get worse! I hope CBS goes down in flames in the daytime thus affecting its night time lineup....

• Members

Moonves and Chen should both be fired. Can you imagine the work environment at CBS? Why bother pitching a show or story idea? You'd have to worry that it would go to Chen FIRST. If she's a raging loon on set who do you go to report her? She's probably not a raging loon, but there's something in between that and "enlightened saint". Who do you complain to about the diparities in pay, if there any?

She thinks it's funny she's referred to as 'Chenbot'? I hope she's not in Austin Powers mode and thinks of it as a "hot fembot" compliment. As someone pointed out, she's on morning, noon, and night, now. Has anyone else held such a contract with the network? Was it someone who was married to the boss? Let her try her luck away from CBS.

• Members

Even worse, I'd hate to think certain characters on Y&R and B&B are getting so much airtime b/c Chen is a major fan of both and what "Mrs. M" likes, "Mrs. M" gets (more of).

If Katie Couric leaves the "CBS Evening News," as she is rumored to be doing, then her spot will go to Chen. I'd bet money on it.

• Members

I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing, but for the one who whined about it not being "popular to talk about how hard motherhood is," I say "STFU. It's totally optional, and you opted for it."

I will be avoiding it in droves.

• Members

If I still watched Y&R, I would like it if they skipped one US episode so US and Canada would air episodes the same day. I can't tell you how many Canadians I wanted to kill when I watched Y&R.

Also, AMS, have you seen Every Little Step, a documentary about the casting of the latest B'way version of A Chorus Line. It includes Jason Tam's audition.

Here's his "Paul's Audition" scene:

• Members

Naaaaa. The nepotism runs deep, but not that deep. Although I think Chen would do great in that role. :ph34r:

It'll be Harry Smith or Anderson Cooper if they can throw bills at him like a dick dancer. My personal preference would be Russ Mitchell. Post-Uncle Bob, I'd watch the CBS Evening News for how desperate and pathetic Katie was for ratings and for Russ filling in. Whenever I'd hear the words, "Katie's off tonight," I cheered and kept my eyes glued to his stoic delivery.

Katie blows.

• Members

Youve got to be kidding me with Chen as great as anchor of the CBS evening show....UGH....beyotch needs to go away....

Id love to see Anderson Cooper get the job. Harry Smith needs to sit his ass down and retire...he's always sucked...lol

• Members
But that's the thing with the Evening News. You don't NEED a personality to read pieces or cut to Lara Logan. CBS got it all wrong out of the gate with Leggs McGiggles, her annoying "pan up from the legs to my face" nonsense.

As much as I love Diane(because she's so beautiful, sensational, trashy, and really unpredictable), that is not the way the network news should be presented. Chen is stiff and serious, which is something that I feel sorely lacks in the presentation of today's news. She would be a welcomed change to Katie Couric.

Sorry...best he stay on MSNBC, so he can keep his Manhunt profile scandals away from network news.

Archived