Days: Will & Chad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, but no. Will is the most important teen of the show, now when Sami took the leading heroine position from Marlena (I know some people here hate it but that´s clearly how the show sees her) and there is a good chance Chad will be soon a descendant of an important Salem family as well. That means two characters who should be carefully developed and eventually be ready to took over as the leading characters, not use in some shortterm gimick which essentially devalues both characters for any longterm use. I don´t have anything against gays, but they are still only 4 minority so possibility that two descendants of two prominent families are both gays is practically zero. Even worse, what would happen after Chad and Will eventually breakup? Who would be the new love interests? Would half of the Horton and/or Brady boys suddenly turn gay as well or would the show develop a neverending line of random gay characters? This is different from some nicely developed new characters who can heve their sweet love story and are eventually written out like OLTL did with Kish. Making Chad and Will gays would be like making gays both Shawn and Phillip during the Langan era. Hardly the best creative decision.

• Members

Possibility i've considered, but there's better conflict in Will being gay (I've noticed a distinct lack of female love interests that actually work with him), Chad would be a harder sell for me, but that may be a good point of conflict and a great point for story to develop from. I disagree completely with the notion that once they break up they're screwed. Soap opera is all about developing characters and from my experience, sexuality is not a static thing, maybe Chad isn't usually into guys Will is that one guy that does it for him??

There's so many possibilities that likely won't be covered, but there's so much potential in a pairing of those two beyond the traditional "they're gay, they fall in love and live happily ever after off-canvas" scenario.

• Members

It isn't like DAYS has decades ahead of them, so that argument about Will being a lead character down the road is a moot point. Maybe making both Chad and Will gay may be too much, but I would absolutely make Will gay. Are people forgetting Nuke? Luke is apart of a major core family, so that argument doesn't fly with me. They will never get together anyway, Corday wouldn't allow it. My banner is purely fanfic material, I won't lose any sleep over them not becoming a couple.

• Members

If Reilly was alive, that story would already have aired. And the show wouldn't get cancelled.

I've been saying they should make Will gay for years. The possibilities there are endless, especially if he were to scheme to get str8 Chad, a la Sami and Austin.

• Members

Even if Reilly had wanted to write a gay storyline, I don't think it would have been allowed. I know there were rumors that Eric Brady was supposed to be gay but that was stopped. The one on Passions was not so much a gay storyline as it was about how shocking and degrading life was for a man on the "down low," and how his true love was for his wife, and with the other man turning out to be a hermaphrodite who had slept with his own father.

• Members

Oh, Reilly was terrible at GLBT stories. But he was fascinated by homoeroticism and what a devout Catholic like him might see as "deviant" sex (though I'm pretty sure he was very gay, hence his conflicted writing). He would've loved the exploitation aspect of that story.

Archived