Days: Will & Chad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are taking it too much personal. If I had gay daughter or son I would have zero problem with it, but I´m willing to bet he would have a lot of gay friends and certainly more than one boyfriend or a potentional boyfriend. Which is my whole point. On soap there is a limited pool of characters the show can play with. On primetime, invasion of newbies usually means fall in ratings and cancelation, so the writers are trying to keep the group as tight as possible. On daytime it´s a little more relaxed but the rule still is a newbie is problem and newbie not connected to any root family is a double problem. (see the Chad is a Dimera rewrite which is going just now) When you have twenty main characters on a soap and only two are gays, they can have only relationship with themselves. When you exhaust it you either have to introduce someone new and deal with the newbie problem or go with the non relationship based stories which never work, atleast on DAYS.

I don´t see why it´s so hard to understand it.

• Members

I like the earlier suggestion about Will turning all obsessive with Chad (ala Sami with Austin back in the day). It would be quite fitting especially since he's grown up witnessing this type of behavior and it being rewarded for the most part. If you look at the body language, I can see Will totally being more into Chad then vice versa. The groundwork has been laid, now lets pour some concrete onto it!

• Members

Yep.

Even if they do have to bring on newbies, it is no different from the onslaught of newbies over at OLTL. And it is possible to write a triangle for an extended period of time, the writers just need to be creative, MAYBE having to bring on a fourth guy down the line, but it can happen.

A full blown bi-sexual triangle, is what I have been dying to see on daytime. So many twists and turns the story could take, and I can easily see with Will and Chad, with Chad and Will doing the deed. Will gets sprung, but Chad gets involved with another girl even though he does care for him. And like was said earlier Will could manipulate and scheme like his mother did with Austin, and maybe cross paths with a guy he could fall in love with.

• Members

Ha, thats the story of my life.

Exactly. Furthermore, one can be straight who just happened to be curious and the other one can be bisexual. it does happen. And since Jane is stuck on having characters have the most options, bisexual is the way to go. Tho im sure she would not approve.

• Members

Id hate to see great chem, esp between two actors who have had little to no chem with anyone else they have been paired with, go to waste just because some "im not a homophobic i just dont want to see it" woman can deal with two teenage boys exploring their sexuality and questioning things. I mean, who would wanna see such a realistic storyline? Oh thats right... the crazy gays who only want to see them do it queer as folk style.

Sorry to burst your bubble, id be perfectly fine if we didnt see them get it on. I would be perfectly fine with the two of them starting to wonder how close is too close to feel to your friend, and this current storyline is really bringing them close. Furthermore, if days wanted to act on the chem (and again, they should because its there, the story could work, and the actors have no chem with other romantic pairings) all they need to do is let them have one drunken night where one thing leads to another like so many teenagers have. Cut to the next morning and Chad uttering "what did i do. this was mistake" and will feel like they have something special therefor setting him off into an obsession that he learned from all those years with his mother.

Using chemistry between actors, telling a realistic storyline, and using history. Sounds like good soap to me. Furthermore imagine the reactions and the feelings we could get out of Sami, Maggie, Kate, Lucas (if they brought him back), Hope, etc... Will & Chad are tied to a lot of people.

But then again this is Days and its writing isnt it s strongest point... but then again (then again again?) crappy writing hasnt stopped them from telling other stories and who knows, they might pull it off because obviously someone there knows how to write (maggie/victor & kate/stefano have been fantastic).

• Members

Nah, I'd rather they do a twist on the old "cave sex." You know...plane's gone down...Chad and Will are trapped alone on top of a mountain...temp's way below freezing...one or the other's about to die from hypothermia...and the other's like, "But, dude, [the body heat is] the only way we'll stay alive!" That sort of thing. ;-)

• Members

The TPTB don't think that the audience can handle the fact that a character is bisexual, let alone "curious," and basically straight.

And they may be right. I know I mentioned this before but when they first brought Jonathon on GL, they hinted of a history between Jonathon and Sandy back in boardingschool...(as a matter of fact, Sandy kind of pushed Jon off a cliff, left him for dead, and took his identity, very "Ripley," of him.) What happened between them which would lead Sandy to feel such passion for Jonathon...cause they were friends???

Add to that when TP came on the show he was a ball of sexual energy, giving off vibes that he would do it with anyone he felt like it...(he had a scene where he got right on top of Sandy in a bed that was filled with none too subtle homoeroticism...not to mention that the Sandy actor looked like he wasnt as much afraid of Jon as turned on by it.) People fanwanked guessed that Jon was using Sandy in boarding school, they had experimented together, to have a balls out sexual relationship, etc...The writers laid it out that Jon was a very screwed up guy who would screw his own cousin,,which seemed just fine with some of the fans, however, when anyone would bring up the aborted storyline (and I am sure they werent going to go there with it..but they dropped Jon and Sandy's backstory abruptly leading viewers to guess) and the possibilities of it, outraged Jammy fans would go nuts, saying there is no way possible Jon was gay as we saw that he "likes," girls...some posts on the offical board even had to be deleted as people would say, Jon wasnt a "freak," or a homo...cause he is in lurve with Tammy. Granted several posters, including myself, loved to pull the Jammy's chains on this, but still, you have a guy who lied to and screwed his own cousin, and now is in love with her, and cause he might have had a gay experience THAT would make him a freak?

These people could not conceive of a spectrum or sexuality, or bisexuality, or even experimentation, so I extrapolate that to the audience at large. The Olivia storyline, of course had the same complaints on the boards, "Olivia can't be gay as she likes men too much.."

• Members

I´m afraid it will probably sound sexist but I sure heard a lot of stories about straight girls experimenting at college and "having fun" together. I never ever heard something like that happens with guys. So I don´t think the bisexual angle would work.

Archived