“Disney Junior” Replaces SOAPnet in 2012

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is "Disney Junior" the official name? Nick Jr. already coined that one.

I'm sorry that RH fans never got to see the full run of the show. That has got to be frustrating seeing as how they could have been through it maybe two or three times by now.

• Members

If they were smart, they'd start re-running old episodes of AMC and OLTL. Hell, they could even first-run them in their old ABCD timeslots. It would ease the pain of the fans and tons of us would be interested in watching the good old days, even if we aren't watching right now. They own both of the shows so it couldn't be all that expensive to do and who knows? They could end up making money on them again. Either way, it would be a nice gift to the fans of both shows and could garner them some good will from viewers that they may have otherwise lost.

But since soaps are "dead" in his mind, I doubt Frons is smart enough to do this. Is there anyone, like Anne Sweeney, checking him at SoapNet? Or is it completely his baby?

• Members

Allegedly, ANOTHER WORLD repeats earned a 0.0 rating on SN. I don't know whether that's true or not. Even if it is true, though, the repeats began during the John Whitesell/Maggie DePriest era, when AW was...not in the greatest shape. That's like airing RYAN'S HOPE reruns starting w/ the Joe Hardy/Pat Falken Smith era. Why remind fans of a particular show's decline before (or without) showing them a better period first?

• Members

Wasn't it said that AW was at times getting a rating of 0? Like, not enough TVs were tuned into the show to register a single blip on the ratings chart.

Yeah, like Khan said. IDK why they started so late with the available episodes, it's not like they had anything else from that era of daytime to pair it up with. The older stuff might have gotten lower ratings, but it sucks that they never even aired a single episode from earlier than '87.

Anne doesn't care any more than Frons does. Besides she's passionate about daytime soaps, but she's too busy with other things, remember?

Also, ABC/Disney would be forced to file for bankruptcy if they released one "Best of" DVD set for AMC, OLTL, or GH. Sweeney would be forced to sell her body on the streets if they had the gall to release one set for each show.

• Members

I think it was great that they decided to air AW but I do recall my "Wow, this is gonna take forever" gut reaction to the point in which they started. Don't get me wrong the more vintage the better but perhaps AW and RH reruns would have worked best as an onlne extension of SN's programming with streaming video. IMO it's easier to wrap one's brain around taking on a classic soap that suplements my current soap viewing if it's had a shorter run and I can guage the time commitment (Texas, Capitol, and espeially the younger hipper The City).

• Members

As Eric has often pointed out, Agnes Nixon's company (not ABC) owns it which is why not airing it isn't *exactly* the no-brainer one might think. I really wish they would have acquired it though. It is definitely available for syndication as seen by that link AMS provided last week. Those syndiation companies should get on the good foot and tap into dvd/streaming. A little money is better than no money at all.

Archived