Finales You Loved and Those You Hated

Sylph

• Members

So, we are talking only about series finales, not season finales?

I loved series finales of "Dawson's Creek", "Friends", "Charmed", "Dead like me", "Pushing daisies".

I absolutely HATED series finale of "Dirty sexy money" last year. HATED IT.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was nothing strained about the SEX AND THE CITY friendships.

The fact that they each had their own storylines and were in their own worlds really means nothing--by that point, two of them were married and the other two were in serious, committed relationships. It's only realistic if they had a little less time for each other. But they had gone through a lot and were always very real to each other.

• Members

For me it wasn't about having less time together, it was about the emotional support systems they once had together no longer being believable. Charlotte in particular seemed to have less and less of a believable bond with them once she married and began getting closer to having children. Most of her fears and vulnerabilities were related more to her friend played by Mario Cantone.

A similar thing happened with Carrie and Stanford. There seemed to be a growing distance between them in the last few years of the show, and when they did have a few quick moments together, it felt a bit forced.

• Members

I always felt like with the finale, the girls lost a part of themselves because life kind of pulled them in different directions.

and then when they need eachother the most, they are reunited, and by that happening they are complete again.

• Members

Ding-dong.

Carl's views seem to be viewes of a bitter viewer, who somehow feels cheated, 'tricked' by the show and resents watching it. I'm not saying Carl is bitter, it just seems so different from what I've seen on screen. Their friendship was very believable up to the very end.

• Members

I can somewhat agree to this--it's true that Charlotte grew very close to Anthony but I wouldn't put that down as a bad thing. It was another part of her life (which means she was more dimensional) and what I said earlier about their lives pulling them apart propably applies to Charlotte the most. But, as JP said, they were never full without each other and part of the uncomfortable feeling I presume came from that.

Well, indeed, Stanford's appearandces lessed significantly as the show moved on to the end. He didn't have more than 3-4 episodes during Season 6, if that :lol: But I suspect Michael Patrick King didn't like the character all that much. The more power he had (starting mainly with Season 3 and definitely after he became headwriter), the less of Stanford we saw. In that context, I saw the Carrie/Stanford friendship suffering. But not between the girls.

:wub: The power of this show.

• Members

Great finales:

* 24!!! (I'm still shocked, amazed and sad about the ending of 24. Jack is the ultimate hero, and will forever live on!)

* Third Watch!!! (So unbeliveble sad, but yet what an amazing finale. They should've gotten one more season though. Grrr!

Loved that last scenes when we got to see what happend to everybody. Sully went to the station and watched them "take it down", we saw Bosco running the streets chasing after bad guys ("...balls out, every day, every job, kickin ass, takin names, being the police!") and everyone else. And that last scene when Sully was at his lake fishing... "Craap!" Loved it! :D )

Third Watch - 6x22 - Goodbye to Camelot (final scenes)

* SATC

* Alias

* Stargate Atlantis

* Dawson's Creek ( Buhuu, I cried so much dirng this last episode. Good one though)

* Felicity

* Dollhouse

"So so" finales:

* Angel ( Wasn't supposed to be the last season. They had to hurry it up which resulted in that eding.)

* The Unit

* Buffy

Horrible finales:

* Las Vegas ( I know it was cancelled and wasn't suppsed to end that way. I was so mad, heck I still am about that ending)

* Veronica Mars (Just like LV it was also cancelled too close to the final episode. One of my favorite shows and I'm still VERY upset about the ending!! The new season that didn't happend looked really good too!)

• Members

To be fair, I don't think they thought that'd be the series finale for DSM :(

I can more or less agree with that, but I still thought the finale was the wrong tone and all wrong (I think I kinda resented so much of the final eps being in Paris too but I suppose that's silly)

Archived