Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What a stupid reason to not stream the early episodes. I would bet that most of the current audience is fully aware of the fact that the show's been on for a long, long time and that there was an entirely different cast in the beginning. As much as they've moved on, they still do call-backs, and even in promotional material (for TeenNick, at least), they still use clips from the older episodes.

Besides, we're living in a Netflix society. If a kid doesn't want to watch Manny slaying lives in S3 or S4, they know how to go to the season they want to see.

• Members

Isn't Degrassi like their last piece of original content, and their highest rated show?

The network was so much better and more mature when it was called The N. Now it's just a wasteland for various Nickelodeon sitcoms that have long since gone off the air.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Yes they are. The only ratings they might get now is from their 90s are All That programming block, which they need to diversify if they want that audience to stay. I can only watch All That, Kenan and Kel, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, and CatDog so much. Where are all the other great 90s Nick shows that I remember watching? Aaah Real Monsters? Alex Mack? My Brother and Me? Ren and Stimpy?

• Members

All My Shadows did you ever watch The Best Years? Fantastic show but it got low ratings and canceled after Season 1, their was a fan petition that got it a 6 episode Season 2 and it still got canceled lol it is honestly the best show The N ever aired besides Season 3-5 Degrassi.

• Members

I remember promos for The Best Years, but I never watched it. Like BF, my heart mainly revolved around Degrassi. I think that's only because I started watching DTNG back when I actually had time to sit on ass and watch TV all day. When all of those other shows came around, I wasn't always able to watch. I made time for DTNG because that was my ish.

• Members
South of Nowhere was alright for its first two seasons but it's last sucked. They killed off one of the siblings and his brother started a relationship with his deceased brother's pregnant girlfriend. I had to tune out. The show I hated most was that show with the girls who were surfers. I forgot the name.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Various cast members from across the years got together to film the "It Goes There" special which airs later this month. There's a photo gallery.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/30/degrassi-reunion-photos-original-cast-series-finale-special/

I know the old timers are still young, but, damn, they've aged so well.

Eli is fine as hell when he's out of character.