• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Those Straight Talk videos are awesome! It's so weird, but Lauren and Adamo talking just looks and feels like two high school friends catching up after a long time. Specifically, for me, they still feel like "older kids" whereas Adamo with Miriam feels like one of the older kids catching up with someone who was in the same grade as me, which is essentially how it was when they were on the show. It really and truly felt like they went to school with my friends and I, and now these videos feel like they're catching up in the same exact way we do.

Meanwhile, here is a trailer (from Netflix) for NC which states that all of the episodes will be available on January 15. I agree with one of the commenters in that it looks like they're trying to get back to the feel and content of TNG's glory days. It looks pretty decent, and I'm going to definitely give it a shot, even though I still know so little about the carry-overs from the previous series. I wonder how much time they'll spend on exposition in the beginning since technically it's a brand new series.

Also, what is supposed to be the opening sequence is below. I love the new mix of the theme song, and I like the idea of using social media, but they definitely overdid it, and making nearly every photo and clip a selfie makes it look way unnatural. The song has a good, moody vibe, and it's ruined by all the huge, fake smiles.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Those cast interviews add some extra insight. I'm glad that they've explicitly stated that they will be getting serious again. I haven't watched it on television in years, so I didn't realize that the change in tone coincided with the rebranding to TEENick. All I know is that at some point, the show just got bogged down in endless triangles and unrequited love. Which, DUH, that's a huge part of this show's character, but there were lots of things missing. NC looks like it will bring some of those missing elements back while still retaining the look and feel of actual high school life.

• Members

If they're serious about changing it (and not having every other character's storyline end in unresolved misery) then I'll give the new one a shot despite having not watched it in like ten years. It was great back in the day.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I LIKE that they have self-shot videos in there, because it really does add some authenticity, but idk, I still they should have had some more traditional stuff in there. Maybe that's just the first sign of me being unable to accept changes lol It'll probably grow on me. The cast does look good in some of them. The guy who plays Tristan has finally grown into his looks because his platinum blond era wasn't pretty. Now he's looking very handsome.

The new mix of the theme might seriously be my second fave after the definitive S4-S5 theme.

• Members

I just skimmed through some of the special they aired back in July, and it looks decent. Linda and Stephen are all over it, which is nice bc I've never really seen or read much from them about the show and its impact. It's also nice to see some of the oldies sitting around and being retrospective alongside the more recent cast members.

They need to just get it together and put them all on Netflix. This show is perfect for rainy Saturday afternoon binge watching.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This channel posts all the New Class episodes, so I am gonna start binge watching b/c the first episode was really good and current. 

I am so glad that they re-visited my Tristan/Miles pairing. Their election story was cute but this was something that could've been stretched for a season--Miles sexing and feeding Tristan false hope so he'll wanna loose the election to him; meanwhile, Miles is dabbling with others on the side until Tristan found out and blew him out the water, but whatever. It was still good. 

I can't take Miles' sister, Frankie, though. She's always annoyed me. From the last season of Next Generation to now. I can't take her at all. She's gone from being a whiny drip to being a drab, depressed mess. Ugh. 

My other gripe is making Zoe insta-gay. One of my biggest gripes on TV. There's never been an inkling that Zoe liked girls and I just can't believe she's fallen for Grace now. I need my bitchy, scheming, man-eating Zoe back. I do love that they've maintained her friendship with Tristan. I always loved them as a duo more than I did Maya/Tristan.