ATWT: May 2010 discussion thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way Margo is written, especially in relation to Craig, really annoys me. It seems like depending on what day of the week it is,she thinks Craig is either a scumbag who would commit any crime with little provocation or a good man who occasionally makes a bad decision. Does anyone else agree, or am I just not paying enough attention?

• Members

Margo's always been written that way. Gawd I how I miss the HBS and SB days!

Lisa is love!wub.gif Craig gets story 1 millionth yet Lisa cant get her own story. Lisa is one of my all time favorites characters. The only Craig version I loved was Scott Bryce version.

• Members

Margo's justifications of Craig are ridiculous. This woman knows everything Craig's ever done, including but not limited to blackmailing their own sister to save his sorry ass, and some how still manages to choke out platitudes to his "love for his children", as if he'd EVER put them first. DISGUSTING.

Rux, I'm on the Scott Bryce Love Train too. <3

• Members

Aw, I really liked today's episode. I thought everything with Henry/Barbara/Vienna and Katie/Chris tied in quite nicely. And I highly approve of the use of "I'm Still Here" as background music. But why wasn't it sung? I highly prefer it to "For Good" or "Circle of Friends," and it seems more in line with CG's mindset of "Canceled? So What!"

And Margo as Nancy trumped both Ali and Katie as Lisa. Does anyone know if they used actual scripts from back in the day?

• Members

It might not have been the best but at least they did SOMETHING to acknowledge Eileen and Lisa's contribution to the show.

This reminds me of the show they did at GL when Beth Ehlers did Irna Phillips and Kim Zimmer did Charita Bauer.

As far as Lisa is concerned, I would have liked to have seen Maura West do her. After all when Carly first came to Oakdale Lisa took Carly under her wing because she saw Carly as a younger version of herself. As a treat to long time fans I wish they would have cast Scott Defritas as Don Hughes in the flashback!

• Members

Actually, how Lisa's history was linked to the present day (especially the voiceover during the Henry/Babs scenes) were the better part of the show.

I've ALWAYS hated Eileen's singing...and while it was nice to acknowledge EF's longevity, Lisa's history was poorly served. I get that there were issues, but who GAS about Lisa's brief flirtation/affair with Don Hughes? Other than the fact CHRIS is a Hughes, did it really matter which man from her past he "portrayed"? Meanwhile, Grant and Earl were barely mentioned, while she fawned over Eduardo, who she barely knew and was really a lying POS.

FCOL...Lisa acted as if Tom were her only child. Somewhere, Chuckie is turning in his grave, and Scott Eldredge feels like an orphan.

Archived