ATWT: May 2010 discussion thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Trust me, that's about as politely as I can disagree. :)

I'm not sorry I don't like the fact that precious time is being wasted (IMO) on Nuke drama. Hell, as much as I love Danny Cosgrove, I have trouble buying his "Chris Hughes" or caring about his romantic troubles with Ali and Katie.

My opinions aren't solely based on my Carjack shipper-ness. I just wish someone would quit implying they were.

• Members

I've decided that I really can't stand this strategy of ending WT: that is, acting as if the show's not ending and just continuing to tell (really lame) stories. It's just not holding my attention any more. What reason do I have to invest in...any of this? I mean, I haven't been interested in Nuke since 2007, so it doesn't surprise me that even all of excitement surrounding LuRe does nothing for me. But I love Dan Cosgrove; I think he'd make a great Chris Hughes! And I remember how excited I was in November when Paul and Em got back together. But watching Katie and Ali fight over Chris, or Paul and Emily fight Meg and this bizarr-o version of Emma over custody of Eliza just seems so inconsequential right now. I mean, one of my complaints with the soaps generally is that almost none of the stories have any long term consequences. (See: Luke's paralysis; Noah's blindness; Eliza's 8,745 kidnappings). But knowing that the show is ending in a few months and that, thus, none of the stories can have any consequences just ups the "so what?" factor.

Back in December, I was pretty excited to hear that ATWT would not be devoting its last 10 months to clip shows and nostalgia. Looking back, I don't know what I was expecting, knowing the creative team who runs this show. Now, though, I want to see loose ends tied up; I want to see things start to come together. I want to care about the fact that my show is ending, not find myself wishing it speedier death. I hope the next three months mark a change in pace.

• Members

Dan Cosgrove is the version of Chris that should have played out long ago. Saying that he bores me to tears as Chris. His character is so dull. I miss the sex appeal previous Chris had. Chris is now being written like he was 10 and played by Christian Siefert. I just dont like this version of Chris. He is what Chris should be but I dont buy him as Bob and Kim's son.

• Members

I guess we should be grateful Chris didn't return to town as a rapist/bank robber/smuggler bad boy...but IA, he's just DULL. And I'm a little annoyed that they spent three Chris' playing the "I'm a disappointment to my father and family name" card...and now aren't really doing a lot to repair the Bob/Chris relationship.

• Members

It's Daniel Cosgrove's thing. Jumps in and plays the "good" son of a legendary soap family. "Good" meaning boring and hokey as all get-out.

Billy Lewis, Chris Hughes. If not for RPG or the fact that he played Scott years ago, he'd definitely be up for the role of Jake Martin.

• Members

Dude...I am really trying to stay respectful here. I'd appreciate you doing the same.

'Cause you're feeding me straight lines Don Rickles would salivate over. And I'd really rather not drive others out of the ATWT threads with so little time left.

Archived