ATWT: May 2010 discussion thread

• Members

I think it all began when they introduced Joyce Colman as Lisa's rival for Grant's affections. Because Lisa had been so bitchy in the past, the writers probably felt they had to neutralize her (and make her seem tame in comparison to Joyce, who, in many ways, was truly over-the-top) in order to sell the triangle. Of course, in retrospect, I think they underestimated the audience a tad. Lisa was a bitch, but she had her reasons to be; that's why America loved (to hate) her. They would've rooted for her to end up with Grant no matter what.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank God Obama didn't screw with ATWT's airing.

I know there's this whole "rep" of Lisa being a bitch...and if I'd seen any of it, maybe I'd have a different opinion of EF. But even in the snippet of vintage Bob/Lisa I saw, I wasn't that impressed by her acting.

• Members

Aaaah!!!! Vulnerable Reid showed up today! It's about time we've gotten to know a little bit more about his background, but that wasn't enough. I want more! And that was the best kiss they've had.

Just to see ESS play those scenes, the near cowering, the passiveness in his voice as he said "Do you want me as much as I want you?. He's just a fantastic actor.

• Members

I agree ESS is a good actor. But LuRe sucks...and I really don't care about Reid's "vulnerable side". I'd much rather see Reid in scenes with ANYONE other than Luke and Noah. And that includes Katie, who I borderline loathe.

• Members

You made me watch. Damn you! :) Just amazing stuff. So much chemistry and sweetness. The heart on the sleeve, the babbling, Luke steadily moving towards Reid. This was their best kiss. Ack, I refused to get sucked in.

ESS is the best thing to happen to ATWT in a long time. He is so good and shows up JS as the talentless hack that he is. Van Hansis is finally showing up in his scenes again with ESS pushing him to react.

• Members

^^^doesn't mean I can't voice my opinions on other stories and whether or not I think they work. I will not become some Van Hansis sycophant simply because he stumbled into a quality actor to work with.

Archived