ATWT: May 2010 discussion thread

• Members

In defense of the show, Tom was really the only child that "motivated," Lisa all those years to provide a lifestyle for them both. Chuckie is dead and Scott was taken care of, i.e. financially taken care of. Yea, I don't get the Edwardo thing, but...

I think the show was nice but a little weird. They should have just done it like GL and we knew that today's actors were filling in for the original actors instead of it being the "characters," acting out the other characters parts. And while I love Lisa/Eileen, her signing is the worst (remember back in the day when they would have her sit on a piano and sing, that along with freakin' Lyla's singing could make you drive spikes in your ears.)

I think that the episode really confirms how much trouble the show would be in if it wasnt cancelled, who is there to take over for Nancy/Chris and Bob/Kim, both the Tom actor and the Margo actor have a trouble showing any kind of warmth (in particular, Tom, who always comes off as cold and stiff) and that was again shown when they had to be Nancy and Chris of all people!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gotta admit, the sight of Craig begging and pleading with his son to "tell the truth" was the height of irony. Perhaps unparalleled in daytime history. And watching Lucinda grin after engineering this near miraculous feat was delicious.

Gawd...can't they just ship the Ciccone succubuses out of Oakdale, never to be heard from again? Both Libby and Janet are hypocritical and annoying beyond belief.

Carly's relief at bringing Parker home was the most heartwarming scene in quite a while. :D

• Members

I love Danny Cosgrove, but Chris' options in the girl department are laughably sad. Ali and Katie? Run, Chris, RUN away and count your blessings.

LOL...I will say, Katie must have really "loved" Brad---this is the first time she's taken a prolonged absence from the pleasures of the flesh. Every other time, she started obsessing over her next conquest in about two weeks.

And if I were Molly, I think I would have kneed Holden in the ol' saddle, and called it a day. Who GAS if she didn't confess IMMEDIATELY that her ex sent her lingerie? Getting unwanted gifts is HARASSMENT, Farm Boy.

• Members

ATWT might not have gotten the ax if Goutman had used Lucinda as anchor over the past decade much like Y&R uses Kay. Old school Lucinda is amazing and it was great to see her back in action. She should have kicked Craig's ass for calling her old woman and TPTB should have never slipped it into the episode considering the way ATWT is ashamed of and hides their vets. Was thinking, it is sort of funny that most fans seem to favor Lucinda over Lisa even though Lisa has been on the show for 50 years.

Another soap would be smart to pick up Liz Hubbard.

• Members

Lisa's been sanitized and defanged for at least thirty years. Sure, she's had her moments (usually, to my annoyance, snarking at Carly...) but you'd have to be a long, long term fan to remember Lisa's bitch days. Lucinda, OTOH, has always been a controlling conniver. She doesn't get as much airtime as she once did...but she's clearly not been transformed into some doting Granny figure. Heck, right now, EMMA's got more fangs than Lisa.

Archived