ATWT: May 2010 discussion thread

• Members

Seriously, when did Hazen become a good actor? He's not great or anything, but he's constantly holding his own up against Park and Lindstrom, and he's come a long way from his early days on the show. I hope the kid has some post-ATWT success.

In other news, looks like Liberty has become obsessed with That Girl reruns and decided to emulate Ann Marie's style.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's looked like Ronald McDonald for a year! HIDEOUS.

Maybe you confused Lindstrom being Eileen Davidson's ex somehow? Although I think I remember something about them breaking off a long term relationship, then getting back together.

I think BW's role is just supposed to be some "fun" wink to the audience...*groan* Though why long term ATWT fans would give a [!@#$%^&*] about an exDays/GH actor and his wife is beyond me. I don't think a majority of the audience thought the Damon and Herring "winks" were relevant to our show either.

• Members

Mick's always been good. Maybe it has something to do with less 'tude coming from Parker. He was "angry teen" day in and day out for about two solid years after Carly returned from her running off with Simon to the day she went off to rehab last summer.

*water through nose* I KNEW I knew that 'do from somewhere. That Girl!

• Members

I know this is more suited for the April thread, but I'm a month behind in episodes. I have stalled for a while after the funeral for Janet's father. I am not a huge fan of Janet's but I thought Julie Pinson did a good job with the funeral material, mainly the scene in her old room. The stuff with Jack and Dusty I don't care about, but hearing her talk about her past was at least, I guess, different.

However, the stuff with her family, I just hated it. I especially hated her brother, who seemed to be cast with some sort of random street passerby at the last minute. I hated that the character seemed to be there only to constantly want to get into punch-ups so we could see how awesome Jack was.

The aunt was almost as bad, and was even lazier writing, as she was apparently there mainly for some sort of fascinating sparing match with Liberty, I guess to show us Liberty's spunkiness, or whatever. Considering that Liberty is very ill and the woman was a harridan, it's sad that I had more support for the woman. Liberty's voice is one long, constant whine.

Between this and the whole "Lily sent Craig's child away even though she was sort of busy with childbirth/multiple kidnappings and torture/love triangle/ family problems with Lucinda" during that timeframe, I don't know when to fast forward most of the episode or when to just cut it off and skip to an episode of the Martha Stewart Show or something.

• Members

Gabe's mother's name was Lidia...and she worked for Sierra and Craig at some point. She was apparently religious enough that when she ended up preggers by her employer, she felt shame and thus wanted no part of Craig in her child's life. What role Lucinda and Lily played in this melodrama is debatable. Lidia made the decision to not tell her son about his father.

Levin is okay...but with no hope of developing the character in these last months, I really don't think anyone GAS about him. It's hard to judge how much talent is there---he's not an immediate attention getter like Pelphrey or even Jesse Soffer. And the fact he's been thrown into a teen scene with two fresh recasts isn't helping him stand out.

• Members

I like Gabriel, partly because he reminds me of a real-life crush LOL, and I like how bringing him on has tied so many stories and characters together. Can't wait to see how Margo reacts to having a random nephew, haha. And Katie too, when's she going to find out?

What a Friday cliffhanger! Carly walking in on Parker confessing to Jack - great stuff. The fire/accident fallout and Noah/Luke/Reid (I hate to say it, but I am beginning to see what people mean by Noah/Luke not being that well developed - much prefer Luke/Reid) are the best stories right now. I was also glad the friends Casey, Allison, Luke, and Noah all had scenes together recently.

I still like Barbara's material, but I'm not enamored with this Vienna using Casey to get pregnant thing, nor do I like the return of nutty Meg.

• Members

Having Lily and Margo fawning over Craig today made me want to wring both their necks. Lily lies because he's a "good father". *eyeroll* Margo's shocked at the fact he cheated on Sierra. *why FCOL, that was established the minute Hunt Block assumed the role* Then's relieved because the SOB didn't purposely trap his blackmailer in a fire. HELLO---the kid was STILL trapped in a fire CRAIG set. It doesn't matter if he "didn't mean to", he's still responsible. UGH..the legal system on this show BITES.

Archived