Roseanne

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I caught an episode I do not remember seeing before the other day where the connors join some friends on a roadtrip to California and Dan has a breakdown about his life and feeling like a loser because he lost his shop and wants a baby. Really solid episode.

The one where they let David move in is one of my favorites.

• Members

Yeah. Seasons 3 and 4 are VERY solid, really good. My favorites. I'm going to have to go through now and figure out my favorite episodes. The therapy and David-moves-in episodes are fantastic.

I mean, I have seen every episode probably a zillion times and everytime I watch it's like the first time. That's quality.

It makes me despise Season 9 even more. It just isn't the same show and it's sad. Though they do have some solid 'moments' in the final season, the episodes are just a joke.

WEtv seems to have moved it to 6-8PM nightly and TV Land airs it in blocks on the weekend (they repeat the block from Saturday on Sunday) and during the week it airs late-night/early morning.

I really hated how they dumbed Mark down (though Glenn Quinn was underrated and absolutely hilarious as dumb Mark) and then when Lecy left, they cast Sarah (who was new and very very green) and then dumbed down Becky, giving her a line or two an episode and having Darlene hate her. I much preferred Becky and Darlene like they were before, closer and more 'together' but still combative and calling each other out on their crap.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I was in Evansville, IN yesterday, and I was able to find and take two pictures of the Roseanne house today! (The exterior shots of the house were shot in Evansville, and I found the address because it went up for sale a year ago and made the news). It's yellow now instead of white, but it's definitely the house, complete with the lamp post in the front yard. :)

I still can't believe it. I was fangirling so hard. :)

• Members

Love it.

One of my coworkers grew up right by Evansville, IN. I think it's basically the most famous thing about the town. :)

It's funny that they built a replica of that house at one point just for the purpose of blowing it up. Remember the Halloween episode when she blows up the house at the very end?

One of the few Season 9 episodes that does manage to crack me up is the fantasy of Roseanne and Jackie posing for Playboy. The costumes and poses are ridiculous. And then when she's being crowned Miss America but the Playboy photos prevent her from winning the crown so she gets into a fight with the host. One of those "What the hell is this?" moments of Season 9 that's actually funny to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived