Roseanne

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a show, at least for the first 5-6 years, probably got better as each season progressed. I urge you to not give up after season 1 if you're not thrilled by it, the show really started to hit its stride during its middle years (seasons 4, 5, and 6 - I'd say season 5 was probably its pinnacle).

• Members

My favorites were probably the first 2-3 seasons, mostly because of the more homespun feel, and the characters like Crystal. I did enjoy it all the way up to the season where Darlene was goth, which was also Lacey's last season (before she came back). After that I was sort of pushed away by the changes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I enjoyed the middle seasons but I agree that the season Lecy left was the last really really good one. The Conners had a shitty year -- they lost a daughter, they lost a business, Roseanne lost her job. It was so real. After they waved a magic wand in season 5 and Bev gave them money it lost a certain realness -- homespun feel as you put.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They sure did milk that shirt to death. I loved it! LOL

WEtv is airing Season 9 right now and I seriously loathe most of the episodes. I tolerated them before but IDK, now I can't really stand most of them.

Especially the terrorist episode. It was so badly acted and written. So awful.

The season finally got better towards the end though, starting with the Thanksgiving episode.

Having watched this show to death, again (for the zillionth time), Season 4 probably has to be my favorite.

• Members

I was watching a DAYS clip from 1985 and an actress looked so familiar to me. She apparently played Tina in two Roseanne episodes in 1989 and 1990. Do you remember her?

The actress is named Sonia Curtis.

Archived