Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I just finished the RHOM season 3 reunion and the reason the show went on hiatus is now clear to me. I looked at the ratings and Andy said it was canceled because the ratings kept declining as the season went on. In reality they did have a dip in the middle, but the second half the ratings went up and it was pretty consistent. I think the show got canceled because the cast was so divided and it was too dark. There is no way they could've gone forward without doing another reboot.

The biggest disappointment of the season is that Adriana, the star, pulled a Jill Zarin and centered her storyline on a feud with Lea which destroyed her likability. Lea was upset that Adriana lied for 5 years about being married and she had valid reasons to feel that way. Adriana refused to admit or take accountability (until the reunion) and decided to somehow make it Lea's fault. She did eventually apologize, but like Jill, it was too little too late. I was SHOCKED when Lea pulled out a check for $15,000 that she paid to make sure Adriana's son stayed in school. In addition to that she raised $410,000 to clear the school's debt so Adriana's son could continue at the school without having to pay again. Adriana admitted it, but she was so nasty about it and sounded so ungrateful. Lea had receipts for being a good friend and she threw that away for nothing.

The other big wrinkle is that Lisa and Joanna fell out and Lisa was the one binding the two sides of the group together. Then you have Mama Elsa not being able to film and Marysol also becoming unlikable with a random feud with Lea. It was just a hot mess express all around. I'm glad Lea isn't returning. She gave a lot to this franchise, but after this season I wouldn't even do a cameo.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Real Housewives choose their favourite RH across the franchises. Kenya's choice was unexpected, in a good way!

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-real-housewives-ultimate-girls-trip-survey.html

LOL no surprise there. Melissa doesn't really bother to offer anything beyond modeling her wardrobe and throwing cheese in the air. Unlike most RHs, she's never had to hustle for her spot on NJ -- she's there because of Joe and because her presence alone gets under Teresa's skin. She and Kyle are Bravo pets, but at least Kyle actually shapes and influences her show over the years with sister relationships, events, pot-stirring. How has Melissa meaningfully influenced the NJ canvas? She hasn't. And that's why she isn't contributing anything to RHUGT. She thinks that just showing up and looking cute is enough to earn a medal.

Lord! The grace shown to Erika while LVP, Denise and others were gaslighted for far lesser transgressions! We been knew.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Chris B same on the Miami reunion. I could NEVER watch that again. It was too dark, toxic, and not even fun vicious. My first time seeing it (or the Season 2) reunion was last year during lockdown and the different between the two was night and day. 

I see why it was on hiatus. Though I never believe it was due to ratings. 

• Members

I love Adriana but IA her feud with Lea was a massive mistake and she did it solely for the show. Was it even worth it? The show got cancelled and it ended a longtime friendship. I wonder if Bravo blames Adriana for the demise of RHOMi and that's why she only got FOH status on the Peacock reboot.

Lea no longer f***s with the RH -- she is a Democratic Party donor and fundraiser, and her Twitter is entirely concerned with politics and has been for years.

The Duelling Weddings bored me to tears. I never have gotten Bravo's fascination with weddings which, apparently, seem to warrant special spin-offs. I know it's the fairy-tale Happily Ever After element, but... I guess I didn't buy into Joanna or Adriana's supposed 'fairy tales.' Adriana was already married to her dude, and Joanna didn't seem that into Romain -- she just wanted a big TV moment. I'm biased because I have never been into Joanna and always hated how much camera-time she got. I found her to be an unlikeable dullard.

Lisa got off to a good start but S3 she had started to grate on me. And Marysol's desperation in S3 was a huge turn-off. Ana Quincoces said that Marysol never got over being downgraded to FOH and basically did all she could to get her mother to appear, as that was her ticket to staying on the show. Unfortunately, Mama Elsa was completely incapacitated by a massive stroke and it came off as cruel and calculating. I also recall Marysol pulling her iPad out at reunion and trying to get her very sick father to accuse Lea of something or other! Mess.

One factor to consider is that Andy never really 'got' Miami (I don't think he is into Latina cultures generally) and was clearly grumpy and bored out of his brain during S3 reunion. Without Mama Elsa to give him impromptu readings, he was very disinterested. Nobody at the network was fighting for RHOMi to stay on the air.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Kenya did say about Porsha 'unless she has a dick in her mouth, she doesn't understand what she's saying.'

Kenya has been likable and not getting into too much trouble.  Proves she's nice unless provoked.

I'm going to miss Cynthia

Please register in order to view this content

And I think there was jealousy about Lea being popular.  She had a lot of interesting clothes, charities, and her back story was fascinating.

Marysol always seemed to not be all there at times..imho.

Luann and the married guy on Ultimate girls trip.  It's creepy..but both have European vibes...which has a more relaxed open thing that the US doesn't have.

• Members

Jen Shah is going to JAIL!

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jen-shahs-assistant-stuart-smith-changes-plea-to-guilty/

Jen Shah’s Assistant Stuart Smith Changes Plea to Guilty, Admits to Hiding Money and Committing Perjury

No way her assistant admits to being guilty and she can get off on being innocent. His plea will likely include him spilling all her tea

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Like the ABC News exposé on the Girardis, the one coming up about Jen Shah may harden attitudes towards Ms 'Shahmazing.' Up until now, fans might have felt some sympathy for her. We also have not heard from the victims and their specific stories. Jen wasn't just complicit; she was at or near the top of the pyramid.

I wonder what Sharrief knew.

Karen is my favourite RH across all the franchises, and I say this with the utmost love, but: NO. I do NOT need a Hugers spinoff. Her family seems lovely and way too normal for a standalone project! I also don't want Karen separate from the RHOP cast. The spinoff will stretch her thin and makes it seem like one foot on her way out the door. Her reads and shade only work in the context of the rest of the cast. Karen & Ray work great as a bulwark against Ashley & Michael. Ray shades Gizelle amazingly well, too! RHOP is where I need the Hugers, not bickering in their kitchen with Rayvin on Facetime for 6 episodes.

• Members

Sadly, I have to agree. I’ve never been a huge fan of these spin-offs unless it’s a 3 episode special like Tamra’s or NeNe’s wedding because they can pack a bunch of stuff in a short time. But longer arcs like this stretch the “character” too thin. These types of shows will always work best as an ensemble. Hell, they spend so little time on the women’s individual lives anymore that even a 5-person cast isn’t enough.