Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

SLC

Finally caught up. The last 12 minutes of the most recent episode was so tensely edited and produced, as Whitney would say, 'I got the [!@#$%^&*] chills.' Just seeing Homeland Security wander into view with that scary serial killer music was INSANE. 

Please register in order to view this content

Also interesting: how deeply unsurprised Heather, Lisa and Whitney all were. When Lisa said "This isn't about Sharrief" and Whitney smiled and nodded at her -- they literally dropped the fake scripted fight right then and there.

Watching 7 episodes of SLC at a rapid clip was hallucinatory. Honestly, SLC's ratings would be higher if it was on a weeknight at 8 or 9pm. Thoughts on the season thus far:

-The scripted drama has ramped up. I don't even mind, although Whitney and Lisa are getting tiresomely obvious at it.

-Lisa Barlow has been in it to win it since S1 reunion. And you know what? I can't keep my eyes off her. I am fully entertained. However, this chick is no LVP -- she is more like RHOMelbourne's Lydia, the dumbest villainess that ever villained. Mistake after mistake in her attempts to ice out Whitney from the friendship group, or to bring down Mary. Even Meredith is like, girl, I can spot your machinations a mile away!

-Meredith is so much more engaged this season. I really enjoy the clarity with which she portrays and stands up for herself. She still dresses all wrong for her frame. But make no mistake. Meredith is a big dog among these women and they pretty much all want to be on the right side of her. Even Mary.

-Still can't shake the feeling that Seth is more into Meredith than she is into him.

-Whitney's baby voice drives me bananas. Nevertheless, I recognize that Whitney is an expert pot-stirrer/tea-spiller and her contribution would be sorely missed if she wasn't on the show. In addition, there are rumors that her hubby may also be running his own Ponzi scheme, so let's cue up another filmed SWAT team moment in a few seasons' time.

-I was ready to hate on Heather after her reunion performance but, god help me, I have really been enjoying her lately. She is fundamentally a kindly, self-deprecating traveling companion human.

-Jen Shah really worked on her public meltdowns and almost won me over, but then I remember the audio of her tearing that designer to shreds. Whitney and Lisa as her paid explainers of that audio? No thanks. 

-Mary. So, Mary is amazing for this franchise. A kooky cult leader, you couldn't make it up. She just says whatever with literally zero filter. On the other hand, I'm not sure Mary is 100% well. And she's RUNNING A CULT. The way she treats the other women can veer towards master-servant. And the way the other women treat her is... with kid gloves. She is like a child, to be gently handled. I think Mary scares them.

-Freshwolf makes me giggle every time I hear the name. 

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Heather brings back the old familiarity and it is really nice to watch! I am digging her friendship with Gina and how jealous Shannon is about it. No real comment yet about the newbies, but I still feel like the trailer is missing a little something, and by something, I mean Tamra.

I know. It was spooky how calmly and easily it came out of her mouth. She didn't trip up or stutter. Was smart enough not to embellish the story with too much detail. She was eerily unflappable, which is very unlike the Jen we have seen thus far. It felt like a peek behind the mask for a second. That and when she looked directly to camera when Sharrief first called her. 

• Members

Rumors have been swirling that OC isn't good this season, but I was very impressed with that trailer. It reminds me of the older seasons of OC. There is so light drama, it looks beautiful and the cast seems to have chemistry. I'm excited by the two newbies and even Emily and Gina didn't seem to bother me. I think OC will be a nice, light watch which could lead into a powerful season 17. Especially after how heavy RHOBH was, it'll be nice to see an easy watch.

BTW, some RHOBH tea from Tamara Tattles: https://tamaratattles.com/2021/11/10/exclusive-rhobh-tea-including-erika-girardis-actual-salary/

For one, Erika's salary was $68,000 per episode and she made around $1.6 million the entire season. The craziest part? That was her regular salary and had nothing to do with the Tom scandal. It's insane to me that she makes so much when she usually brings nothing to the show! The other big tidbit is that Dorit was *not* offered a contract to return as a HW. She only was brought back when she got robbed and her final role is up in the air. I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that robbery is legit. It has so many red flags.

• Members

I think you can tell in that OC trailer where the not-good bits are. I'm specifically thinking of that blow-up-doll-faced person telling Emily (also unrecognizable BTW) "Sit. Your as$. DOWN" and Emily tells her she's already sitting. A rehearsed read by Blow-Up-Doll if ever I saw one. Speaking of unrecognizable -- I don't know what Shannon had done to her face, but it is not quite coming together. Also: I cannot believe I am saying this because I put Gina down as a one-and-done back in S14, but she looks incredible and I am looking forward to seeing her this season. 

OK, so now we know why Erika is sticking with RHOBH throughout this entire legal trial! I would too for $1.6 mil! 

I was starting to believe this Kemsley break-in was legit after the LAPD report. However, seeing footage of the break-in (and the Extra interview) raises more questions. The Home Alone burglars stroll across the lawn and break a glass sliding door to attract more attention? They obviously did not care about the cameras.