Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I just watched the first episode. I agree that Kenya is the MVP, followed by messy Ramona.

It’s refreshing to see the women break the fourth wall and acknowledge their status as celebrities/Bravolebrities and not just “a group of friends.” I wish they did that more on the actual Bravo franchises.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kenya has come as likable on the girls trip..while Cynthia is so out of her comfort zone.  Cynthia did say something in episode 2 or 3 about how she thought it would be her and Kenya against them.  Not sure what she meant by that.

And regarding Bailey Q...Kenya had a good point that the game worked on ATL because the women shade in good fun...but that it wouldn't work playing with people they don't know....and lord knows Kyle is a wet blanket.

I do like the heart to heart talks..ans the bonding..balanced with a little drama.  Reminds me of the earlier seasons where it wasn't so toxic.

I do love how all the women have reacted to Ramona.  Melissa/Theresa in disbelief, Kyle is scared of her, Kenya pushes back, while dear Cynthia tries to reason with her (and made some headway lol).

• Members

The dynamic between the 4 franchises put together is definitely a treat to watch! I will go ahead and say it would've been nice for another woman from Beverly Hills to be there (lousy Rinna and her demands for more money). I echo everyone's sentiments for the most part and will add...

- It's funny how the NYC women are the ones to let it all hang out (literally!) and get nekkid without a care in the world. 

- I did like the part of Cynthia's game where everyone admitted to their one insecurity (but I don't buy Ramona's body image issues. But, as peacemaker Cynthia said, if that's what she says she feels, we'll go with it). 

- Not to body shame anyone, but I will say that on this trip, with the outfits and camera angles, well... they definitely highlight the fact that almost everyone is over 50  [Kudos to LuAnn, though, who defies age. And of course, the young'un Melissa, where youth is still on her side]. 

- New friendship highlights so far (I've seen the first two episodes):  LuAnn & Cynthia, and Kenya/Melissa's mutual girl crushes. 

- Yeah. Teresa hates her sister-in-law. Some things will never change. And on WWHL, she holds firm that Melissa was shady in how she was cast on RHONJ in the first place. Teresa will never let go on that one and I completely believe her. 

- Another fun WWHL highlight last night as they all played the game of "Who's an OG?," was a mutual YES to Jill Zarin and LVP (even Kyle had to cop to it), and a mutual NO to OC's Shannon.  The game showcased not just original castmembers, but also longtime castmembers who have made notable marks on their respective shows. 

• Members

I won't get access to the first episode of RHUGraT 1 until Friday. Honestly, after reading your posts here, I CANNOT WAIT! It feels like RH back-to-basics with this trip, which is a good thing. And Ramona sounds like she is actually doing something for a change -- the last few season on RHONY, she seemed checked out and evasive. 

Ramona was the only one who didn't show for the RHUGT premiere party. Apparently she 'couldn't travel.' What? That does not sound like Ramona at all! She's always jetting off to Boca or Mar-a-Lago! Anywhere she can score a free trip off a rich friend. I have to wonder what is going on and why she missed an opportunity to get photographed. 

Please register in order to view this content

SLC

As others said here, this was arguably one of the best all-time Real Housewives episodes and tense as any murder mystery. First BH, now SLC, are going all-in on the tense Columboesque Whodunnit -- or Whydunnit. A good move, in my view. 

Whitney knows WAY too much about multi-level marketing, and the looks the other women exchanged told me that this was not so much a shock as a confirmation. So, here's what we know and can speculate -- Whitney and her husband are allegedly running a MLM pyramid scheme. Apparently, Utah is rife with MLM schemes, perhaps because of a lack of regulation in that state. And then we have Lisa Barlow, who apparently said on WWHL that she used to work as a marketer back in the day. Moreover, like @Gray Bunny, I have to wonder if Lisa put money in Jen's escapade and is now worried that the Feds will follow the money all the way to her. Last reunion, Lisa seemed so proud of Jen's work in this opaque world, I felt Ms Self-Centered would never be this proud of someone else unless her ass was involved.

When I wasn't side-eyeing Whitney's detailing Jen Shah's business model, or side-eyeing Lisa calling one of her lawyers 'on payroll' to ask "So the Feds can't come to us on anything, can they?", I was side-eyeing Mary Ramona-Eyes talking about how awful it is that Jen scams old people out of their money! Oh Mary, honey. There are SO MANY LAYERS to all this with these women. And who knows? Meredith may have been the one to call the Feds! (Although I still say it was production). She was positively giddy at the news. I misjudged Meredith last year. Revenge is a dish best served COLD as the snow on those Rockies, and Meredith is lapping it up.

Jennie was great. In fact, she was all of us. She knows no fear and says it like she sees it. After her life experiences, she is not going to be left quaking by the likes of Jen Shah, Mary Cosby or even Erika Jayne. She earned her snowflake this episode.

• Members

All Stars was miles better than I expected, especially with this cast. It seemed like they selected a safe bunch, but in retrospect they picked a proven bunch that they knew would deliver and who are popular enough to get people to sample the series. It's funny that on RHOA Cynthia is considered safe and boring, but she's a star here. On the other hand, Kyle is sliding into the background which proves that the Beverly Hills ladies just can't hold their own with the other franchises. I feel like if they're smart they'll keep cranking these out or try to find other Housewives content to add. This has been an exciting time for Peacock. They just need to get Miami right next.

I'm still doing my Miami rewatch and I'm almost done with season 3. I didn't realize, but I have never seen season three. I don't recall anything beyond what I saw in the trailers. I hate soap weddings (I find them boring) so I think seeing the trailer centered around *two* weddings turned me off. I'm glad I gave it a go because it actually isn't that bad. I expected it to be boring since it's the season that killed the franchise, but the production values remain high, the relationships have grown deeper and there's lots of great drama and family moments. I've loved the mini trips to LA and Texas as well! It is a slightly more intimate cast, but it still works. The worst thing is the Everybody vs Lea aspect. Adriana vs Lea was a bad move on Adriana's part and two seasons of it and I still don't understand Marysol's issue with Lea. Marysol is having a TERRIBLE season. I understand Mama Elsa was sick, but she's pulling an Erika and coming off more mean and negative when this should be a great time for her to build sympathy.

• Members

and see how LuAnn's game was insightful and more informative than Cynthia's trivial nonsense? I liked that. She understood the assignment and this is something that could only best work when you get women with a shared experience opening up about how its shaped them from their different perspectives and franchises

Melissa just so happened to pack those paper Envy shopping bags that she conveniently made sure the cameras got a good shot of? She aint slick

• Members

My streaming service finally posted the first 3 episodes of RHUGT! I was so excited to watch the first epi, and it didn't disappoint.

As @Cheap21 said, Ramona is the star of the show, and that's because she is naturally an a-hole Ramona was earning her spot this entire episode. And more than just Ramona, but the location harks right back to the classic RHONY vacations in tropical locales. The fighting over the rooms, the men, with barely a whiff of Covid to remind us of what we've all been living through.... this show is not so much a reboot as a reset to back-to-basics RH interactions.

Cynthia stood out much more than she does on ATL. Overall, I think the mix of women is well judged, even though I don't think Melissa's overrated ass should be there. The reason she is there is to set Teresa's grumpy lips on edge. And she is Ramona's girl crush, so I guess it makes sense.

I'm not a Kenya fan, but I've been loving her thus far. Kenya feels like the audience proxy, and stuff is happening TO her. Also, the Ramona-Kenya anticipated stand-off is the one the audience is waiting for and the other women sense is coming.

Did we notice both Melissa and Kyle attempt to stir the pot early on by getting Teresa riled up about the scarecrow comment and Kenya upset at Ramona? Yes we did.

Bring on the episodes! I can't wait. I only wish there was a short reunion at the end of this.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat Having seen up throught he 4th epsiode, I can safely say Melissa adds nothing. Kyle and Cynthia came across boring at first but they are adding to some type of narrative and are getting good character moments. Melissa is just there and isnt interesting. I'd have swapped her out for another woman

As mentioned, I do like them breaking the 4th wall. When asked about Erika, I did like that Kyle admitted that she asked Erika questions specifically to give her a chance to explain her side. I mean we know her she does that but it was enlightening to hear her admit it