Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sheree and Brandi went from house to house because they're broke. What Jen is doing, which seems different to me, is specifically renting a house just for filming. If she comes back for a third season she'd likely do the same thing all over again and I don't think she needs to. Her husband makes good money and the current rental is fine. Not every HW needs to be super wealthy.

Before I dig into RHONY, here's a clip from next week:

Side Note:

How the hell is Heather repeatedly *so* nice to Leah and she ends up fighting with her? It's just wild to me. Watching this episode and this clip, Heather has such good chemistry with these ladies, including Leah. It's so weird that it didn't end up working out. Especially when you consider that Heather and Dorinda are close. Had Leah been thinking long term, she could've been in a power group with Dorinda, Heather and Eboni that could challenge the OGs. 

Now onto Luann vs Eboni....this was a lot more than I expected. I knew they had an issue, but I expected it to be a lot more minor than this. Leah posted on Instagram that Eboni is going to be off social media for the next few weeks because this story is going to pick up and she doesn't want to deal with the toxicity of the audience. Considering how many racist comments I've seen tonight, I do not blame her. Luann is someone who holds grudges and she was pissed when Eboni spoke up in defense of Sonja last week. She even warned her to check herself, but Eboni still spoke up for Sonja. The moment she did that it was a wrap for Eboni. 

Luann took Eboni's education comment the wrong way because she was already upset with her. It upset me so much that Luann kept pushing the "angry" narrative on Eboni and was smirking while she did it. We KNOW what she was trying to do. Eboni was loud in that conversation yes, but it was only because literally everybody was screaming at her and it was the only way she could be heard. The fact that Luann threw her out of the house and tried to scold her about her behavior was shocking. I'm not sure where this will go, but I'm not a fan of Luann right now. She's done so many racist and classist things over the years and I feel she always gets a pass. Ramona is rude and socially awkward, but what Luann does is deliberate and I wish fans would hold her accountable the same way they do Ramona. 

With next week likely being our last Heather episode, I hope Bershan is waiting in the wings soon after. I feel that is going to help Eboni a lot. I just hate seeing these black women left out to dry by themselves without anybody who understands them. Kudos to Heather and Sonja for trying to understand where Eboni was coming from and not joining in. I was shocked at Sonja in the best way possible.

Also, here's an interview with Heather about her return. She mentions she would come back, but would likely only do it if Leah left.

Edited by Chris B

• Members

Luann and Ramona are the two biggest hypocrites on RHONY. Like, beyond hypocritical, especially Ramona.

She doesn't want "those words" spoken in front of her or Avery, yet immediately goes to Victoria, states them and asks those questions. Yet, takes the pictures with Leah?

It's a damn front for the camera, and she can say to Heather she doesn't want to be in the press... but we ALL know she speaks to Page Six like they're up her you-know-what. And she was lusting after the nude model and Alfredo.

Also.. Luann really has selective hearing. Eboni never said she was the smartest: she said she was, in technical terms, the most educated person out of the women, and SHE IS!

It doesn't have to do with languages or your pedigree, it has to do with the actual fact of Eboni's education in SCHOOL!

I love that Eboni called her and Ramona out, even breaking the fourth wall and demanding they roll back the tape, which they did, and proved her point.

Not to mention, editors were shady AF with the whole "12 minutes after Ramona arrived." HAHAH! Ramona needs to get over herself.

She is a woman of a certain age acting like a child, and it's high-time she grew TF up!

I can appreciate both Heather and Sonja trying to hear Eboni out when she was at the table trying to explain things.

Also.. the fact everyone knew Leah was struggling and even had a breakdown moments before dinner, why would they (especially Luann and Ramona) poke at her? Like, no.

• Members

Obviously Luann is the villain this week but considering what had had happened the weeks prior, anyone else find it amusing that Leah is in the bedroom with Eboni badmouthing Luann, even inviting Heather along!
The criticism of Luann is vastly warranted but considering how much drama Leah wanted to start just the week prior in the vein of "Luann, look what Heather says publicly about you", gotta love that she switched to trashing Luanna privately without batting an eye or seeing the irony.

Again, completely warranted though and others have said it better above. 

• Members

Chris, you know I love you, but I feel that there have been other housewives other than Jen Shah who have rent a house for filming. Or maybe I'm just getting it mixed up with Housewife Renters period ie. Dorit/PK. 

NY

Please register in order to view this content

And it was going well. 

Matchmaking by LuAnn. Nude Model. Ramona being Ramona. It was all good. So of course something had to mess it up.

What was expected: Leah being the cause. BUT...for this episode at least...I feel like she was acting out more because of what's going on with her grandmother than her acting out to be relevant. And she came across as human to me. No matter how much she tried to stay normal (well, TV Leah if you will...getting into that old argument with Ramona about being vulgar) it was just not working. So her exploding at the end just seem like frustration over Grandma. And...relatable.

What was NOT expected: LuAnn's action toward Eboni. No, no, no, Hun. I...I had to rewatch to see if I saw what I thought I was seeing. The Tamara Braun (with less class) enunciation. The word 'angry.' The doubling down on the 'angry' once Eboni explained why she should not do that and it was clear AF  *takes a breath* that there was a missing word between 'angry' and 'woman' and how Lu worded it was implied AF. It made have started about LuAnn's ego, but it sunk into the realm of micro-aggressions. And unlike Sutton over on BH, it looked intentional. Bad form, Countess.

BUT FIRST...

THINGS I LOVED.

OOOOOo...NUDITY. One of my oldest college friends and hometown girl made great money being a nude model in art classes when I was in college. I always liked her freedom to do that given she was a force to be reckoned with girl outside of the art room. So I find people's demeanor fascinating. The guy was interesting to watch. Funnily enough I found him attractive outside of his clothes vs with clothes on. He really didn't look like much though nice personality.   But I LOVE the sparks Sonja and he was giving off. Especially since Sonja was not for the matchmaking with the musician. Is it too much to ask that Sonja get some lovin?  

VICTORIA. I feel like LuAnn's children pop up as cameos when I watch. I only know them by pictures online. So it was nice to see one of them here. Hollered at Ramona sitting with her and asking her about vulgar talk IN FRONT OF THE NUDIST.

EBONI. She continues to be a revelation this week. And she is really making me think about how I present myself as a black man. She is witty. She is definitely intelligent and it shows in every interaction she has had. She has been nothing but game for anything and showed compassion. And as we saw last night, she can still hold her own without coming across as the stereotype LuAnn tried to place on her. She outsmarted her good and God bless her for it. How can you ask someone to explain themselves and then not allow them to speak? I mean REALLY???  And that clip of her getting in her feels next week made me want to hug her. I've been there and it resonated. How to get your point across without being gaslit into a stereotype. 

SONJA. After weeks of Eboni having her back, I cheered seeing Sonja have hers. Their developing friendship continues to be a highlight for me so far. 

RAMONA. Well, one thing you can always count on...Ramona is gonna Ramona.

HEATHER. She just fits in sooooo well.

GARTH. WOOF.

THINGS I DID NOT LIKE

LUANN, YOUR COUNTESS IS SHOWING. And boy was it not a good look!!! smh. The education argument was typical NY and probably would have not exploded into a dark direction. But that classist came out. And that was followed by the micro aggressions. Yeah, no, Lu...as a fan...I really ain't feeling her right now. 

And the fact that Eboni will be off line for the next few weeks means this is about to get WORSE.

• Members

Luann vs Eboni...well matched verbal sparring.

Both are more alike than either admit.  Both think highly of themselves, both act superior, and both like to dictate how others act.

Luann is a classist...she still thinks she's a countess.  She and Sonja are alike in that delusion.  Luann of last night was Luann season 4 of Morocco era.  She was a bitch to Alex..and karma has come and her name is Eboni.

Heather > Leah

And I want to watch the Housewives have fun, bicker and try to enjoy life...I'm not in the mood for a 'Very Special Episode'...though I did get a kick out of Eboni fishing in scenes for next week.

• Members

That's how I feel too. Each of them has a different definition of 'education' and the misapprehension of that definition totally fueled much of that dispute. Eboni has the highest factual, formal, and accredited 'education' as a lawyer, that she has worked very hard for and rightly is proud of. Luann has the 'education' that she's accumulated through her life experiences, which burnishes her formal education as a licensed practical nurse, and is also very proud of. I hope they work it out because I think they have a lot in common. 

I was very pleased to see Sonja stick by Eboni last night and the way she gently, quietly, spoke to Leah across the table, simply asking if she was OK. Sonja can be loopy, but the lady has a lot of friends and you can see why: she's a decent person. 

When Leah walked into Luann's house looking like she'd stolen some of Erotica Lame's castoffs and that she was late because of her glam squad, a la Dorit, I had to roll my eyes. Leah is playing a role of what she thinks people want to see.  

• Members

Full disclosure: I loved Tamara Braun's Carly on GH

Please register in order to view this content

And... you are talking about Luann's enunciation, yes?

I was trepidatious coming into the RHONY episode. I was bracing myself for an exhausted-looking Eboni being set upon by a pack of snow-white hyenas. I was somewhat relieved to see Eboni more than holding her own, even though Luann's use of 'angry' felt deliberate and for-the-cameras. Lu was trying to stir some sh!t up (and Ramona was giving me a migraine with whatever TF she was shrieking about). It must be mentally and physically draining for Eboni to have to be the 'explainer' to this group. I felt anxious for her watching the episode, but she moves with such humor, confidence, and authority throughout it.

As some of you have pointed out here, Eboni and Luann may have much more in common than they initially thought. It's a fair point, and one that hadn't occurred to me. Judging by Eboni's post a few weeks ago, it sounds like the main cast come out the other side of this Hamptons trip in a much better place, and that it was totally worth the journey, from Eboni's perspective at least. I'm only sad that she has since bowed out of social media for a few weeks because of trolling.

Like @DaytimeFan  the moments in the episode I loved involved Sonja being kind and quietly looking out for Leah without making a fuss. This is a big reason why I stay loving Ms Sonja Morgan. 

If Avery didn't look so much like Ramona's mini-me, I could swear Leah was Ramona's actual daughter. Karma.

• Members

That Eboni/Luann fight made me uncomfortable. Eboni *really* hit a nerve with Luann, who’s had some major dust-ups over the years (like Bethenny calling her a “slut” in the Berkshires or her interactions with Dorinda and Alex).

I’ve never seen Luann react so viciously to someone.

I love Luann. She’s probably my favorite HW of all, but her energy this season is very heavy and off, even with her new man. Maybe her struggle to stay sober isn’t helping.

Ramona was just… Ramona. 

Leah is just antics. This was maybe the first time I thought her tears were real.

Edited by Faulkner