Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Evelyn Lozada wants to join RHOBH

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.eonline.com/news/1274851/evelyn-lozada-announces-shes-leaving-basketball-wives-after-9-seasons

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bball_7_gif2.gif

tenor.gif

bbwives-glass.gif

BcM0.gif

People may say she's too trashy for this show but honestly she's on the same level of trash as Brandi and Rinna has gotten gutter like her

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Faulkner awwww. Nice to see I am not the only one that thought that about Leah last night. I think it was the first time so far this season she was real.

And to be fair about LuAnn...I thought she was pretty vicious to Sonja last week and did not like it at all. I know she has belayed Sonja before but this is the first time I thought it was quite nasty. So I was happy Eboni stepped in then.

@Cat Full discourse...I...more in hindsight now than back then...loved SB's Carly. As a kid, I HATED SB's Carly so SB did her job extremely well. I think TB's Carly is the first recast on a soap (OLTL was my main soap growing up) that I gave a chance to...helped by they looked so similar to each other enough that my mind accepted it. It also helped that I am a big Bobbie fan so having her around more helped me accept her. I did drop off watching GH for a long while, but seeing old clips and watching TB take Carly and turn her into this independent woman while not losing ANY of her grit that I was used to from SB's Carly...making Carly her own and still a fighter...I cannot help but love her. And what stood out for me is how TB used every word, every syllable to get under an enemy's skin. I loved how she did it. Her elevator talk with Sam about Brenda being a stand out.

Sorry off topic...lol. I meant LuAnn. 

I don't even watch BBW and I know she's a force. They couldn't handle her. lol.

Oh...and maybe re: Erika/Tom Docu. Hulu BRITNEY SPEARS docu was pretty good. And I can't wait for the JANET JACKSON one. 

• Members

Oh no worries at all. 

I’m sort of disappointed in the Countess this year so far. 

I will say I’m mostly enjoying this season. I like Eboni a lot, and she’s definitely more than capable of holding her own with these ladies. What we’re seeing is the uneasy first steps of integrating these long-standing mostly white casts. As others have said, I’m sure it’s exhausting for Eboni to have to be a “teacher,” but it’s also exhausting and very unpleasant to watch. Been there, done that. Hopefully Eboni’s tease about her and the women coming to an understanding post-Hamptons leads to a more enjoyable viewing experience.

One thing I’ll add is that if Bravo were casting a RHONY from scratch in 2021, they’d likely pull from a group of women with much more racially diverse social bonds. Sure, race and microaggressions would come up, but it would be far less “on the nose” and afterschool special-y. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Sutton is a train wreck. I can see now why she got that diamond. 

Between Sutton and Luann/Ramona, I am over these white, fragile-ego women crying about having to address race. It is unbecoming and so revealing. They are gonna get mauled by the fans come reunion time and rightfully so. 

F*ck no to this sports humping, racist floozy joining anything Bravo. Keep her gutter butt a** over at VH1. I HATE Evelyn, and she'd never be on Bravo. She is a true swine. 

• Members

Sutton is a train wreck and I think she's in over her head with this troop.

Crystal is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  I get bully vibes from her

Kathy is like Kim with the quirkiness..minus the anger and aggression.  If that makes sense.

• Members

Sutton feels like someone for whom actually getting a diamond vs being a friend of might turn out to have been a bad move IMO.

Bravo would never hired Evelyn. Cohen probably sees the VH1 shows as "downmarket" versions of his shows and why would he try to import a reject from there? 
Not to mention the thirst quotes about wanting to do the show is the best way for producers to roll their eyes (cough, Tori Spelling, cough). Wanting it without looking like you want it is an important skill to have.

• Members

It's pretty much a known fact that Bravo very very rarely adds any reality personality outside of another network. Might steal their thunder.

Please register in order to view this content

But...nothing like some speculation.

I do agree that doing the 'Tori Spelling' approach isn't helping Evelyn either. 

• Members

The only person from Basketball Wives who I think should cross over is Cece. She was always more Beverly Hills with her wealth, fashions and her beauty business. Evelyn is just too dangerous and horrible a person. She threw a wine bottle at someones head, among other fights. She is truly insane and not even watchable in a fun villain way. I do think it would be interesting to see her on a show where her best friend isn't the creator/EP, but it wouldn't be worth it.

This weeks episode I found pretty hilarious. The show is moving along so nicely. Crystal vs Sutton is the type of feud I love. It's very similar to Carlton and Kyle in that they just don't seem to like each other, nothing super deep about it. I feel Sutton is so nervous around Crystal and so worried to be perceived as racist so she's on edge which is making her implode. She means well, but it is pretty hilarious seeing her lose her mind! I'm so curious to see where this will go and if they'll find common ground as the season progresses.

Garcelle is an absolute BOSS this season. She's having a great second season so far, but I notice next week she'll finally bring her dislike for Rinna to the main group and I think from this point on she's going to be having problems. The coven loves Rinna and aren't going to like Garcelle holding her accountable. I'm so excited to see her entire arc this season. She seems so confident, authentic and ready to play this crazy housewives game. She's having one of the best second seasons I've seen. Typically it doesn't go this well, but Garcelle is proving everyone wrong.

Edited by Chris B

• Members

I thought her Diana Ross or Donna Summer, whichever one she was, was the racist tipping point.

Exactly. Luann took something differently than how Eboni had very clearly explained it, and when she tried to explain why and what she meant, Luann went off the hinges, and threw her TF out. And next week, it looks like "the Countess" is back on her pedestal. Gross.

Oh, sh*t is going to hit the fan next week. In re-watching Tuesday night's episode, I am extremely uncomfortable with what went down. This goes beyond the drinking of the past few seasons. The very apparent underlying racism being displayed is gross and unacceptable.

• Members

The Countless seemed very calculated in her comments to Eboni which leads me to believe she was holding a grudge after Eboni defended Sonja when she was attacking her. Before she defended her Luann tried to tell her to be quiet and since Eboni didn’t I think that pissed her off. We know she holds grudges and doesn’t take criticism well. She’s serving season four Luann. 

• Members

Luann seemed like she knew that saying the word angry would be triggering, and she tried to avoid it, but then she became too impulsive.

What I like about Eboni is that she's not averse to drinking with the girls.  She constantly has a glass of booze in her hands and she's fun when she's a bit tipsy.  I was concerned that after last season they would all try to be teetotalers, but Ramona, Sonja, and Eboni are shooting 'em back for the rest of the girls.

I really enjoyed Sonja,  From her delusions about men to her new face, she is always entertaining.  I appreciated when she said that she was giving Leah space, because it exemplified that Sonja is never trying to be mean or calculating, she's honest in her approach and willing to express her opinions in ways that (usually) are inoffensive.