Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh definitely somebody on the writing staff loves the Real Housewives (and Daytime soaps, judging by The Californians and Sands of Modesto, both of which gave me Sunset Beach vibes). 

Here are some of the RH parodies (barely a parody, just straight remakes in some cases).

Edited by Cat

• Members

That last one has some extended footage around as well. (probably the last culturally relevant thing Lohan has done...).

The first is notable because some cast members from 10 and 20 years prior returned for the first (and last) time.

Here is the one I mentioned earlier:

• Members

I'M HERE [finds CapsLock button] for Wendy Vs Gizelle too. I'm not sure Wendy is the pushover Giz thinks she is.

Loved seeing Cal in the trailer. 

Karen to Gizelle: "Honey, you got dragged. Then you let him back in.... and he dragged you again." 

Giz: "I want Ray to pay his bills!" *thumps table*

Karen: 

Please register in order to view this content

"Are you talking to me?"

Mia and Candiace throwing salad leaves at each other. 

Here's the trailer for anyone who cannot see it in the People article:

Edited by Cat

• Members

YOU KNOW I'M HERE, BITCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JULY 11 BABY!!!

Even if my internet wants to be funny now. lol.

And...

That was the business!!!

Here for Wendy vs Gizelle (people tried to warn her...and look at who started the Eddie rumor in the trailer).

Here for Mia vs Robyn...and Candiace. Getting a taste of her medicine.

And we know I'm here for...LA DAME GRANDE!!! SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S BACKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

• Members

I appreciate that they are going to talk about Robyn's depression.  Her symptoms of lethargy and anhendonia have been present in prior seasons but never addressed.

RHOP lacks a sense of place.  OC, NYC, BH, and Atlanta have personality as a geographical place, but Potomac remains a mystery.  It is a suburb of DC, but only Wendy seems involved in politics, and they rarely enter the beltway.  It lacks the small town gossip aura of Cota De Caza in OC, where everyone would be expected to know each other's business.  And it doesn't have the aspirational aspects of BH (despite it being a very wealthy community) because Robyn, Candiace, and Ashley all live middle class existences.

I'm also not looking forward to a new housewife because there is so little history between the existing women, that the addition rarely has much impact on their relationships.

• Members

This looks good! I loved that moment with Wendy and Gizelle. It was so obvious that she was only friends with Wendy as a way to isolate Monique. Not surprised it has blown up. Also not surprised that Candiace is still…Candiace. She’s the only one I’m not looking forward to. Excited to see Queen Karen and Ashley as well!

Im very curious about the other newbie. Twitter is saying that she is very strong and almost was moved up to full time. I love that we didn’t see her which means lots of hopefully juicy stuff they aren’t showing us! 

Im excited for a season that isn’t completely spoiled like last year. 

• Members

Ah... A good RHOP trailer drop ... When everyone can go back to assuming Gizelle is responsible for everything that goes on before we have even seen a minute of what actually happens. Joy.

Nene (urgh) is probably the Housewife that has gotten the more "mainstream" play but I'd argue RHONY is the franchise that has been referenced the most in pop culture.
Seeing aside the mere fact RHOC has created the genre so it has that going for it, I think the fact so many shows, writers, etc are based in NYC means they have more of an investment in the NYC personalities - and probably run into them socially - which is why they make it in a NYC-based show like SNL more than, say, Atlanta

• Members

It makes me sad that Leah ran her off because Heather fits in *so* well. I’m also glad they gave her confessionals so she can flesh her brief story out. We were so robbed! I feel like this return is going to be amazing. Heather isn’t afraid of conflict and she’s going to give us fireworks while she’s around!

• Members

I love me some Heather Thomson! So happy she's back! Even if it is only for a couple episodes... RHONY season 7 is still my favorite season of the show! Heather was the only good rival for Bethenny IMO which explains why she had to go. I hope she sticks it to Leah's crypt keeper looking ass before she holla's her way back to the Berkshires!

• Members

POTOMAC

And let's not forget about the new friend. She looks breathtaking...Askale Davis...

@Chris B my bad! I just realized you were talking about her.

But I love that that was a great trailer, too and it does not at all show a lot of what little I know about the season. Should be fun. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

So funny to see all these fake ass relationships to ice out Monique fall apart. 

And I am HERE for Mia already! I hope she gathers Candy-ass all season long. It warmed my heard to see her toss that damn salad in her face. Yet again, Candaice is in a physical altercation. First Ashley, then Monique, now Mia. People will finally see who the problem is.