Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Kenya is still an awful person. She hasn’t changed at all and I have not missed her at all.

I loved watching Marc just kinda walking all over her.

It was interesting that they broke the 4th wall and were talking about the cameras.

Edited by Antoyne

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I noticed that, too. I guess it was important in terms of people's motivations, re: Kenya, Cynthia, Cookie lady. 

Kenya going after Tanya is like a pitbull going after a toy chihuahua (see my tiny lil angel in my avatar). This fight just isn't necessary. Tanya may be a Patty Simcox overly positive suck-up, but she's harmless. 

Oy. Mama Joyce is back to hating on Todd? Ugh... 

• Members

This is what I don't get. Why is there such Kenya hate? (not just on this board but elsewhere). Am I missing something? What has Kenya done? I'm very fuzzy on past seasons, but I don't remember anything out of the ordinary in terms of housewives behaviour from Kenya. Do people still see Kenya through Fraudra's eyes? Phaedra, Porsha, Marlo and Nene have done far worse things--things that could have had them imprisoned and sued. Porsha somehow gets away with false rape allegations, violence, homophobia, etc. because some people think she's funny. I think she's vile and Porsha being dumb does not change that. I get that the c*nt thing was ridiculous, but that just seemed par for the course on a Housewives show.

• Members

Kenya may be what you consider par for the course for a Housewife but I find her extremely irritating to watch and I don't find her to be genuine at all. Everything she does comes across as extremely calculated and she's just a hateful person. I legit have never liked her since her first season.

I really enjoyed that trailer. NY is always an easy watch and it was actually nice not to hear Bethenny's voice.

• Members

I know a lot of people feel that way, but I don't get why she's labeled hateful/calculated (by a lot of viewers) as opposed to Nene, Marlo, Phaedra (when she was on) and Porsha to name some. I don't understand the difference. I'm asking out of curiosity because I honestly don't understand. For instance: how Porsha gets a free pass by a lot of viewers for doing far worse things. I'm genuinely curious.

• Members

I hated Porsha for years as well. I didn't start to side with her until Kandi started repeatedly sicking her squad on Porsha instead of talking to her directly, and that was BEFORE the allegations. I thought Porsha was a complete idiot and waste of space.

I always found Phaedra entertaining and her dislike of Kenya and her ability to read Kenya for filth was always welcome. I also felt like Kandi turned on Phaedra and was shocked when Phaedra retaliated. That season, Kandi had a stank ass attitude with Phaedra from the start if you rewatch.

I haven't liked Nene in years.

And Marlo is just there to me, I don't hate or like her.

• Members

I hope this doesn't dissuade people from turning in, because RHONY is my favorite franchise and I want it to get all the viewers it can! It's been a little slow on the HWs front recently so I cannot wait for this to start. Wish it was March instead of April.

Cons: yes, it does look like the last 3 seasons. And the new HW is giving me Braunwyn vibes -- without the interesting backstory.

Pros: Luann looks amazing, and woahhhh I felt her thrill when she sipped that vodka. Speaking of vodka, looks like we are finally delving deep into Dorinda's issues. I am excited for the chemistry and focus on the Core 4 which is far and away my biggest reason for loving this franchise.

• Members

The best thing about this upcoming season of RHONY is that it seems like we can just relax. I'm looking forward to Bethenny's energy being gone. I also like that it seems like there are no big toxic feuds just fun and light drama. Considering how heavy RHOBH will be it'll be a nice contrast. 

• Members

The more I think about it, the more I am excited about seeing RHONY again. I hadn't realized how much I had missed the show until that trailer. I've said this before, but the show has this way of making viewers feel like the RHONY just go their merry business and do whatever they want, regardless of whether a camera crew is there or not. And the women have this quick wit and weird bond which keeps the show moving and grooving. They can literally say anything to each other and its NBD. As you say, RHONY often delivers on the light and genuinely funny stuff.

RHOBH is going to be somewhat mean-spirited, I can feel it. I am genuinely surprised there hasn't been a trailer yet. Which makes me wonder if production is re-working the season, perhaps even re-shoots.

Edited by Cat