Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Tamra comeuppance is a long time coming. I felt for a long while that Tamra was necessary to the OC -- the evil one, the pot-stirrer who had no problems getting her hands dirty. And she had an incredible ability to duck all accountability and deflect the blame onto someone else. This season, though, there was desperation in her game. It was as if she guessed that the audience had stopped being outraged by her and were just over her.

I am still not 100% sure the OC won't suffer without the terrible twosome. Sorry, I don't find Kelly to be the 'new Queen' of the franchise, and her home life is not all that interesting. And Shannon can quickly swing from compelling and relatable to insufferable and playing to the cameras. 

Omg yes now THERE is a revamp I can get behind. I still say Kathy Hilton was a missed opportunity this year.

• Members

If you think about it... Shannon (if she returns for season 15) will be the veteran of the franchise with it being her 7th season.

The difference between Tamra and Kelly is that I didn't mind watching Tamra work her game.. it was actually interesting and fascinating how she would pull the wool over most people's eyes.   Kelly is just not comfortable to watch.. there is something off with her (I view her as a more aggressive and angry version of crazy Kelly from RHONY... who was sick.. but more a harm to herself than other people).   I think the dark and toxic will remain with Kelly in the cast...imho.

• Members

I'm shocked that Tamra was given the boot because she does stir the pot and I prefer her over Shannon who I find more hateful and annoying than Tamra. Shannon's whole "I can't be bothered to worry about anyone else when I'm going through stuff" attitude is just disgusting. Gina did a similar thing this season where she kept putting down Emily's problems because they weren't as big as hers. I don't know what configuration of cast members would make OC work. I think there needs to be a tie to the past for longtime viewers, and Shannon is certainly not it. If it were up to me, I would bring on people who would dislike Shannon and put her through the paces because she would not have Tamra and Vicki there to back her up. I'd vote for Peggy but that would never happen since she's persona non grata in hw land for some reason.

I don't find Kelly anything like crazy Kelly. Kelly reacts to stuff that actually happens; Rhony Kelly was clearly mentally ill. It's one thing to have anger problems; it's another to have an emotional breakdown. I think production was just as sick of Vicki and Tamra as Kelly and most of the viewers. Kelly was pretty tame during the PEggy/Lydia season because the other women didn't come after her/bait her.

I saw where Gretchen and Slade were gloating about Tamra's dismissal. I'm assuming it was Gretchen but she looked more like a blow-up sex doll with a face that did not move. No just no.

Edited by chrisml

• Members

See personally I will miss Tamra too and Vicki, but I can't complain as many seasons as they've had. At some point OC needed to pivot if it's going to last long term and this gives them a chance at rebooting things. It's not like they're without vets with Shannon and Kelly around and this gives them the opportunity to introduce new, potentially interesting long terms housewives who can carry the show in the next generation. I'm not mad at it. 

• Members

It's clear Tamra and Vicki may have lasted long past their sell-by dates. But I am reminded of this year's cast trip. While Kelly, Emily and Brown Wind bemoaned the Tres Amigas, the TAs were busy getting wasted, skinny dipping in the resort pool, and running away when the police were called, prompting Vicki to turn her ankle in those wedge heels.

No question which was more fun to watch!

I hope we won't be regretting Tamra's departure when Brown Wind is doing another deep dive on her awful mom/threesomes/37 children.

ETA: Sorry, that was perhaps unnecessarily pessimistic. I can see the need to evolve the OC, and get a new dynamic in place. For a while there, RHOC was like the Survivor of the RH shows, with somebody getting picked off every season as Tamra and Vicki (and Shannon) manoeuvred and strategized. Kelly and Vicki have basically alternated as walking targets since S10.

Edited by Cat

• Members

WOW. Still going through all the comments here but couldn't believe hearing the news about Vicki and then Tamra over the weekend. This is right up there with NYC's purge of 2011. Vicki and Tamra have been the anchors for over 10 years, love 'em or hate 'em. It's sad that this is how Vicki went out, and production certainly did her dirty. 

I guess we'll never get an epic Tamra Sue takedown (paging Lizzie -- stat!), but the worst of all this is that Kelly Dodd no doubt feels triumphant in kicking off the two longest running castmembers and thinks she's the new Queen Bee that everyone wants to see...  No honey... You may be friends with Ramona Singer, but you are not a Ramona. You are more like your other friend, Brandi Glanville... 

Agreed, a thousand percent (© Jill Zarin) 

Lordy... her tone deafness continues... 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't think she realized what she was saying. She was probably thinking "phys ed" not special ed. 

No pessimism detected here! I agree and thought the same exact thing when those scenes were playing out. 

I never hated Tamra, but I didn't exactly root for her either. I felt she was a necessary evil that sometimes made good jokes.  That's always been my thing with OC; they're not people I necessarily root for, or that I have my *favorites* like a Vanderpump or Ramona or The Grande Dame.  In fact, up until Margaret joined New Jersey, I've felt that whole cast has been mostly unlikable too (Teresa's daughters are her saving grace) for the past 6-7 years. 

• Members

And I hate to admit it @Cat, but that makes so much sense. Why she was acting the way she was. Why Greg took it. EVERYTHING. However, she should have stop 'being the Joneses' then and tried to be vulnerable. That would have gotten the audience completely on her side. Instead, it comes across as a stunt to stay on the show which given the last week or so seems like she is on very thin ice. 

• Members

Now that I got some wiggle room and so much going down...

DALLAS

I'm surprised that no one has been talking about what's been going on there. Namely that Brandi, Stephanie, and Wannabe Ashley Abbott have turned into BH Coven 2.0 as they have gone on a podcast tour and keep coming for Cary Duber, Mark, and LeeAnne since they clearly have nothing to turn about and Brandi is still telling offensive jokes. Clearly, she has not learned, while LeeAnne appears to have been doing the right moves (has only appeared somewhere once, twitter silent except for once, laying low versus Brandi gunning for Kameron nonstop). Meanwhile, Cary was at the Grammys last night with Mark and singer Tanya Tucker #unbothered #winning. But their mean girls act suuuuure is a bad look on them.

PS. D'Andra...nice makeover, but your insides are still ugly.

OC

WOW. End of an era indeed. I didn't dislike Vicki as much as the rest of you. I felt she carried last season as a friend. It was boring without her. But she did shoot herself in the foot, didn't she?

My only regret with Tamra is that she never got taken down. If only Lizzie had come back.

I am curious to see what next season brings though.

NJ

As far as Reunion looks, I love Jennifer's look the best. But I like them all except for Teresa (I need to see how the dress moves) and Jackie's...looks too dry.

As far as the show...

MARGE. Sorry you'all, but I'm not liking her. I feel the show has gone to her head and it is not a good look on her. Especially coming for Teresa. That never ends well on this show.  However, I will say that there is potential in that drama versus Jackie coming for Tre so there is that.

JACKIE. Still going for that low hanging fruit I have seen. SMH. Still...that reveal of her having more money than Jennifer of course seems to be making people why the serecy behind it. So...a backfire?

JENNIFER. Still loving. Though dare...she continued more and more to be self-absorbed, but human with her family scenes...only to get into it with Melissa. Le sigh. Still she really has been coming into her own.

MELISSA. Struggling to stay relevant.

DOLORES. Where's Frankie? lol. 

TERESA. I have to say that I do like her claws have come out. Right or wrong, I admit that I lmfao off when she told Marge she did not want a f&^*ing goodie bag from a party she was not invited to. From the moment she walked in. Full stop. Checked Marge. Go head. That said...I think it's the drama with her, the kids, and Joe that I'm really into. Though I am looking forward to this fallout with Danielle.