Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Agreed with @Cheap21.There was an awful lot of Eva and I'm just not invested in her. And I'm really not feeling Dennis either. Especially with the news we got about him cheating *again.* Fool me once....

That's the 'cull'? Only Gina? Don't get me wrong, I actually don't think OC was bad this season -- especially after the last four years we suffered through. But the consenss seemed to be that everyone wants sweeping change. (If you ask me, some of that may be misplaced projection away from BH onto OC). Andy bragged about great new auditioning HWs in the pipeline. Tamra seemed played out at reunion,, while Gina and Brown Wind don't quite fit, for different reasons. Now its like they're bringing everyone back including Quinn and her wigs! 

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This was easily the best season of RHOC in YEARS. I pretty much enjoyed every single episode. I hate Braunwyn and don't want to watch her. I still don't care about Emily and Gina, but I guess I would take them over having to watch that try hard Braunwyn.

• Members

The Edmonds stuff is just insane and rather disappointing considering how much I enjoyed Meghan when she was on. Andy always says he's going to change up RHOC, but Bravo rarely does. I enjoy Emily and Kelly. I've never enjoyed Vicki, and while I feel for Gina, I can do without her.

I watched a few episodes of Peggy 2's season. It started off so well (the Shannon/Kelly confrontation at the dinner table was hilarious) so I'm surprised that it's viewed as one of the worst seasons. Was Peggy really that bad?

• Members

The Peggy/Lydia season was IMO the last good season and was exciting from beginning to end. There was constant drama and I felt like Lydia and Peggy both brought the glam back that we lost when Heather left. What upset fans was that the girls were rarely together all 7 in a group, but the blame fell on Lydia and Peggy even though the group was fractured because Shannon, Kelly, Vicki and Tamra refused to film together. Peggy had a rough go of it because she joined the show right after having a double mastectomy and that coupled with her language barrier I feel hurt her with fans. Lydia ended up getting backlash when they dressed in male drag because she said she didn't understand drag. As a drag queen myself I wasn't offended. She didn't understand, but she got in boy drag and she clearly was open to learning about it. I didn't find that homophobic. I LOVED Lydia dragging Shannon from the moment they met until the reunion and I loved how Peggy got under Shannon's skin. They also had one of their very best cast trips ever. This cast definitely deserved a second season!

• Members

@Chris B I love how much you support that season! I feel the same way about certain other RH seasons out there (and @Antoyne I agree that every episode of OC this year was highly watchable and a fun ride -- the best of the last 4-5 seasons for me).

With regards Peggy/Lydia season, I have always been a Lydia fan and felt she should not have gone the first time after S8. However, I found it hard to connect with S12. I watched The Quiet Woman (EPIC episode), Iceland, and the overall-decent reunion episodes. Peggy's cancer story (which she clearly was still raw and processing) hit a bit too close to home at the time and one reason I pulled back from the show.

Another was Megan King Edmonds. Despite a good previous season, I found her to be a humorless snot this time around.

I also did not like the obvious way Tamra, Shannon and others were trying to ice Vicki out by not filming with her. I get why, but Shannon's dramatics 

Please register in order to view this content

lol

Edited by Cat

• Members

That's interesting to read because I've read and heard so many complaints about this season. I can see where people were annoyed with the show because it started off strong, but I'm up to episode eight, and it's been pretty dull after the great Kelly/Shannon restaurant confrontation. It's the same discussions repeatedly (Vicky is evil; Tamra and Shannon are horrible friends). I find Peggy hilarious but you can tell she is in a lot of pain.These women are so narcissistic that they never ask her how she is. I haven't seen much of the Lydia/Shannon stuff so I hope it gets there soon. At this point, I don't know why Peggy was not asked back. Was it about the homophobic allegations or was her fate already sealed? I remember so much on twitter about her being a horrible housewife, but I'm enjoying her. 

Shannon is just too much for me. The woman is so self involved. I would not want to diagnose someone but there's something wrong there, and I know she was much worse during last season's trip where she had her meltdown. Why does no one call her on it? Eight or nine blackouts???? Egads.

Edited by chrisml

• Members

The thing with Shannon, Tamra and Vicki is that I have liked all of them at times, but they can never move forward with things so it gets tiring. On New York or Atlanta they can be fighting like cats and dogs, but they suck it up and keep filming and move forward. To me they are the biggest problem on OC which is why I want some sort of shake up. Not because I don’t like them, but because they don’t allow the story to move forward. 

• Members

RHOA

So...Nene actually quit...or just her attempting to get some attention/publicity going?

OC

I think the Peggy/Lydia season is the last season I have watched all the way through. Unpopular opinion, but I didn't like this past season. It did start off great for me and Viki was a good Friend Of and was working hard to get that orange back. And I like Emily. But it went left in the middle, got toxic AND repetitive for me...and I just did not feel like catching up and just tuned out.

• Members

From what I gather, as Wendy Williams was getting ready to go in air she got a text from Nene that said “I quit.” Wendy announced it immediately on her show without talking to Nene. Wendy also mentioned that she feels Nene needs to stay because she needs this platform to discuss a big personal secret in her life. She said Greg is healthy, but the secret will touch peoples hearts and instead of fighting with the girls over stupid stuff, she needs to use her platform to showcase whatever that is.

Now Nene is pissed because she feels Wendy shouldn’t have said what she told her. She said she was just venting about quitting and hasn’t decided anything. I am curious what this secret is though. 

• Members

@Chris B @Taoboi There is also speculation on TT that "I quit" actually referred to her marriage with Greg. The gossip there (UNCONFIRMED) is that Greg may have knocked up his side-chick a year or two ago. And that was the main reason why Nene wasn't always so sympathetic to Greg when he went through his cancer treatment.

I don't know if that is true, but I really hope that it isn't Nene's sources throwing Greg under the bus in the hopes of winning sympathy with the RHOA audience. What seems increasingly apparent is that the Leakes marriage is coming to an end, for real.

I am watching the rest of this ATL season to see how Nene comes back into the game. If she is simply going through the motions, then let her go. If she really wants to return, then I don't think Bravo should be so hasty to cut ties. First of all, she is costing them millions, might as well work her. Secondly, if Vicki can get second chance after second chance to stay on RHOC even after homophobic rant/Brooks, then I think Nene deserves another second chance to remain on RHOA.

If production are not utilising her, even after paying her $2.85 mil for this season, do you think it's because they want to lowball her for next season? In exchange for showing her more often?