Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I didn't mind Gretchen in Season 4 at all, but once she hooked up with Slade she lost all purpose for me. I think she should have been cut loose after season 6.I t

If I had to choose between Vicki and Tamra, I would say to cut Tamra just because Vicki is so funny to watch when she gets worked up. Every season has at least one funny meltdown moment for me. Family Van, Embarrassing Brianna on a date, surprising Michael at college, trying to reach someone in customer service, having a football hit her in the head, falling on her way up to accept an award, etc.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Who is Car? lol

The friendship trinity! So perfect. I miss it too (both the BH and the SON one). However, unlike BH, we agree to disagree and can still be cool with each other. It's not the first time we have had differences of opinion, and I still adore you jp you know that!

My thoughts on Brandi's daily changing motivations are that part of it is bts money/production motivations (to do with VPR). And part of it is longing for affirmation from Lisa. But the VPR stuff is the great unsaid this season, the elephant in the room. Unfortunately, I doubt Andy went there at Reunion. I am rapidly losing faith in Andy and his team to rein in these women or actually deal with issues that stem directly from bts decisions made by Bravo and production. This is why so many HWs are citing production as an excuse on Twitter and other places. Some want to force the issue into the open, others mention it because they know they can get away with it because Andy will never address it on WWHL or reunion.

Contrast that with Mob Wives when the wives put the producers on the spot last reunion, and Jennifer Graziano had to run on set unexpectedly to admit that she did indeed play Carla against Renee behind the scenes.

Edited by Cat

• Members
Amen! And you can absolutely speak for me!

Was going to get sniffy about being cast as Yolanda given my fab avatar (!!) but I get it. Sometimes I can be longwinded and lecture-y about der vonders of European living, my luvs.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yes we remain the real dream team! Forever.

The reason production doesn't work for me is twofold. One, they don't make them do or say anything. We all know reality tv is t a documentary and is heavily edited and whatnot for story and drama. You know that when you sign up for it. Even if they encourage and dire you you do choose to do it. Those are your actions. Own them. To blame production is to deflect and avoid taking responsibility for what you choose to do and say. Second, it renders the episodes pointless to talk about. It's all production. Editing. Whatever. I feel the same way about soaps when ppl defend what characters do with "it's the writing" no duh, guess what when they do so,ethimg you like that's also the writing. That doesn't change when it's good or bad.

I'm not surprised about mob wives because all the vh1 shows come off as fully scripted. Not enhanced reality. The Hills is honestly the best reality show ever because they pulled of being fake but seeming real because they used real elements and mixed them with daramatic purpose. Honestly this season of VPR is the only show that comes close to it. I do think the housewives more than being scripted comes off as women desperate to keep genie spot and doing what they assume production wants to keep them around. Obvious production and editing play a role in the shows. It's a tv show. But I think it's weak and cowerdly to place the blame on them when you choose yo do it, to go along with it.

Lol!

I wouldn't call BH a reboot.

• Members

I guess what I'm saying is that Brandi might be angling for some extra credit from Lisa and perhaps even compensation for what she sees as her contribution to VPR. Just a guess, though the fact that Brandi hasn't drunk-tweeted anything about it doesn't help my case. :lol:

I honestly think the ladies see Lisa's time spent on VPR an issue. Whether its the fact that she got the spinoff and Kyle didn't, or the fact that she didn't male some BH events because she was too busy, or the fact that she got Brandi to interact with Scheana, and had that dinner party at Villa Blanca. The feeling is that VPR interfered in some way. It took away some of Lisa's focus and attention. Brandi certainly feels used in some way for the sake of the spinoff.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I think part of Brandi hates/resents that Scheanna is getting famous off of her platform. RH was her thing, what she used to get famous and make a career post-Eddie and here comes Scheanna, the mistress getting a piece of the pie, stepping on her territory. I think she hates the fact that she inadvertently helped her make that happen and I don't think she likes seeing her success coming from Bravo. Too close to home