Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Cheap, thanks for the link. I read her blog -- and Lisa's, and Yolanda's -- with interest. I don't usually read the Bravo blogs unless you guys on this thread indicate they are worth reading. I just assume ghostwriters put these blogs together, and so many times the "HWs" refuse to acknowledge when they are in the wrong (Brandi being one striking example).

But Boyce definitely backed up her argument and was quite charming about how she touches her hair as a nervous tick, as well as the "chastise" thing which made her look really dumb when I first watched it. Boyce is growing on me! I still think she is a Stepford Wife, but I certainly am not going to knock her for being proud of her roots. It is awesome that she is so proud of being from PR.

As for the show... JAMIE LEE CURTIS!!!! I just love her. And the charity seems like a wonderful local cause, so kudos to Kyle and Mauricio for being generous donors. Having said that, those clothes... yikes. They make Forever 21 look elegant and fashion-forward.

Indeed, the show seems a lot more budget and grubby lately. Palm Springs wasn't all that, Brandi and Kim's condos are not especially cinematic, KYLE by Arlene Too looks like it should be wedged next to the pizza takeout at your local strip mall, and even the transition shots are lacking their usual glossy sparkle. Lisa and Yolanda's houses are still spectacular, though. How I wish we could watch Camille's many homes in Malibu/Hawaii/Aspen!

Contributing to the trash quotient IMHO are Carlton and Brandi. I'm not saying I want a boring show where everybody sips tea and talks about the weather. And I don't dislike Carlton per se. But she belongs on a different show, possibly on a different network. She knows it, and so does Bravo, because she is barely interacting with any of the other HWs.

As for Brandi's non-apologies... girl, bye. Just accept that you spoke out of turn and say I'm sorry. I appreciate she loves her missing dog, but she can't use that or every time she breaks a nail as an excuse to attack someone.

Obviously Brandi is depressed, but no doubt the excessive drinking and drugging are contributing to her mood swings and paranoia. They make her even more belligerent and irrational. She looks completely self-destructive. Though I can't hate on Lisa, Ken and Yolanda who really, truly want to see her for the (probably) nice person she once was.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The RHOA rating is crazy because it was just a regular episode. Blood, Sweat & Heels also debuted with almost 2.5 million viewers, which is pretty impressive. Even Thicker Than Water is right behind with 2.2 million. Bravo has found a very successful trio of shows. I can't wait to see how Married To Medicine does whenever it returns. If Bravo is smart they'll hold off on that and try to anchor Sundays with it once RHOA ends. Then they can replace it with RHONJ. Looking at how well Married To Medicine and Blood, Sweat & Tears are doing, Bravo NEEDS another housewives franchise. Those two shows are glorified housewives shows and with others not delivering in the ratings, it's time to add new blood. If the London housewives knock off is as good as Married 2 Med or BWT, then they need to just make it The Real Housewives of London. It's also time to scout a new US series, perhaps another African-American themed series.

The RHOA rating is crazy because it was just a regular episode. Blood, Sweat & Heels also debuted with almost 2.5 million viewers, which is pretty impressive. Even Thicker Than Water is right behind with 2.2 million. Bravo has found a very successful trio of shows. I can't wait to see how Married To Medicine does whenever it returns. If Bravo is smart they'll hold off on that and try to anchor Sundays with it once RHOA ends. Then they can replace it with RHONJ. Looking at how well Married To Medicine and Blood, Sweat & Tears are doing, Bravo NEEDS another housewives franchise. Those two shows are glorified housewives shows and with others not delivering in the ratings, it's time to add new blood. If the London housewives knock off is as good as Married 2 Med or BWT, then they need to just make it The Real Housewives of London. It's also time to scout a new US series, perhaps another African-American themed series.

• Members

Well, obvs I would love that idea! smile.png

Though I haven't had a chance to get into RHoA this season (is there an episode I should start watching that gets right into the good stuff? I've seen episode 1 but I'm too lazy to work my way through 2,3 and 4 etc), I think you have hit on something that audiences have been dying for -- the glamorous African-American reality soap opera. RHoA has aspirational, dream-come-true elements but the HWs -- even the ones we might hate -- are all relatable, or at least recognizable, in some way.

Plus it has a mix of drama and humor. I think that balance is very important.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I think it helps that RHOA is more character-driven and, while Nena is the star, it's not really star-driven.

Something like Beverly Hills seems to have put most of its eggs in one or two baskets and, in Brandi's case, she smashed the eggs all over their head.

• Members

It was the highest rated night in Bravo history: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/07/bravo-media-shatters-ratings-records-sunday-with-its-best-night-in-network-history/227413/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

I find it interesting that RHOA is the highest rated in the franchise (and has been for years) yet media seems to focus almost exclusively on the other Housewives series.

"Interesting".

• Members

NJ (specifically Queen Teresa) and BH ladies are the only one who seem to get consistent press in the media and tabloids. RHOA gets a fair amount of shine too. Ive seen NeNe all over the mainstream media in the past year. I almost never see anything about the Orange County, New York, and Miami housewives in mainstream media.

• Members

And I hope Atlanta breaks the 5 million mark for the episode where Kandi explodes as well as the reunion which should be explosive based on what I've read about the second half of season. After researching they would need to pass 5.181 million viewers Project Runway got for its Season 4 finale to have the overall highest rated telecast in network history! :D

• Members

Because I can't say it enough.

When did Brandi start playing victim?

Otherwise, great episode. Maybe it's my own experience in life since I have had to defend/ignore/attack myself/others/others most of my life to this day over who I choose to love and my skin color, but I have to say Team Joyce on that. You can only be pushed so far and turn the other cheek and point it out tactfully before you have to proceed to run roughshed over a trifling heffa who clearly knows better but chooses not to care.

• Members

Kyle's charity event with Jamie Lee Curtis appearing is one of the things I wish I could see more of on the RH shows. I want more parties with little drama, champagne, and cameos by famous people. Kyle always has had an interesting fashion sense, and the store reflects that so I'm not surprised that the store isn't glitzy.

ITA that Carlton isn't a horrible person, but she doesn't fit on the show. Just like Quinn didn't fit on RHOC (she was nice and sweet, but just didn't fit with the catty, somewhat tacky element of the OC.. even with her Roxy wig LOL).

• Members

Joyce looks like Kim K in that pic and a little like Gabby from Days...so weird. But she's beautiful. Going to catch up on RHOBH right now....

This conversation that YoYo is having with girl Brandi? BOTH her and Lisa should have sat her a$$ down at the end of last years reunion to do that. Its just ridiculous. Yes the f-bomb once in a while is warranted but Brandi needs to reign it in. NO ONE (especially me) is asking her to change but Yolanda is right...she loses credibility when she goes from zero to 1,000 just like that and is lobbying this curse word and that one every 5 seconds no matter the situation. And if I were Lisa or Yolanda I'd be so worried to bring her to any event going forward and embarrassed at this point..

Joyce handled her well I think. I really like her husband and I think he did what any loving husband would do if such vitriol was being hurled at their wife. DAYUM she destroyed Brandi in her 1on1 with Kyle at the golf course.....and its so true. A gorgeous girl like Brandi could get a man just like THAT. But its gonna be hard with that foul mouth and negative energy she's throwing out there....

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

The Brandi can't get a man because she has a foul mouth is gross. Because it isn't lady like? Whatever. Most men I know prefer a down to earth girl who can watch sports and don't mind the f word. Prefer it over a prissy, needy insecure girl.

I can't say anyone won the argument. Brandi def didn't, Joyce just kept going on and on and on and on, her husband was gross, Lisa had no control. Actually the pump rules kids won lol.

Kyles store does look like a forever 21 discount outlet in a strip mall on the way to Vegas. It was nice to see JLC. Brandi killed it in that show. Joyce was trying way too hard. Kyles kids did fine. Brandi's friend who's name I can never remember is stunning.

I'm excited for Lisa's new restaurant. She does do a good job of keeping her places really affordable, for the area.

This season is just ok so far. Joyce is awful. Kim is seriously pointless and so much time is spent on her. I do like carlton, she's different and I like how she's feeling everyone out on her own.

On the flip side this has been a great season of ATL. The only downside is Portia.

• Members

RHONY ANNOUNCEMENT WEDNESDAY! Here is a blurred cast photo: http://instagram.com/p/i4504rq6ch/

There are six housewives. Of course it's hard to tell, but I'm wondering if the new gal Kristen is an official housewife and if LuAnn is a friend. It's hard to tell who the woman in the center is. It could be LuAnn or it could be the new girl. Heather and Carole are obvious due to hair color and the 3 blondes are clearly Ramona, Sonja and Aviva.

• Members

The woman in the middle with her hand on her hip, I can't tell the hair color. LuAnn's hair while short, is usually styled in a way you could see it, even in a blurred picture like this. My guess is that the housewife has her hair pulled up and that it's the new girl with her hair in an updo. On the other hand, that is the type of top that LuAnn would normally wear, the pose just doesn't feel like her to me. We'll see!