AMC: SOAPnet interview with Swajeski & Kreizman

• Members

I don't think that's true, I think a number of fans like the current JR, here and elsewhere.

The last JR I really liked was Jonathan Bennett, but this JR had some potential, before year after year after year of Babe is love, the self-righteous raging at Adam while throwing himself at Tad's feet, the show destroying his friendship with Kendall, etc. Now we're supposed to be fascinated by he and Marisa or he and Annie but I just don't care about the schizo version of Annie who has popped up since she was pushed at the Chandlers. I don't feel like they have any real idea of where to take her or JR, and Scott could vanish tomorrow.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Donna and David are kidding themselves if they think J.R can step into even one of Adam's shoes... :rolleyes:

I just still continue to wish J.R goes to Adam's office at Chandler assuming he is going to have to take over to see the chair turn around to reveal Skye. Skye is the only possibility for me to even come close to Adam.

• Members

Before Broderick came in and actually put some emotion in the cancer storyline I was so over Jacob Young. I felt he had been phoning it in for quite some time... but he's given some good performences the last few weeks... but I side with Carl, I am over his version of JR. He can go back to the tramp steamer and take that Babydawl-Lite with him....

Thanks for the compliment... it would just be PURE soapiness! I know many feel the Robin Christopher Skye from the late 80's is long gone, but I think she could really add something to the show again... I just don't see J.R leading the charge.... no one currently can. The Chandler's will probably slowly fade away into obscurity before its all said and done...

• Members

I don't know...I think J.R. can take the reigns of Chandler and be like his father. I think he has it in him...and I do like Jacob Young in this role, just not when he's being watered down by the dreadful, Massage Therapist turned almost Lawyer, MARISSA!! Ever since she came in, I think J.R. has been brought down a notch, and has become boring!

I so dig your idea about Skye though, LOL!! That would be perfect, and would make for a great twist. I can see it now...

• Members

I actually like J.R. the least when he's acting like a mini-mogul Adam wannabe. Here's my deal... I developed a dislike of JY based on interviews I read where he came across as a cocky jerk. I'm one of those people who has a hard time getting behind a character when I dislike the actor, no matter how talented they may be, something inside me just turns off. I pretty much let go of that when he started on AMC, I liked his J.R. in the beginning. But Babe duped and ruined him. Greatest love schmeatest love, let's not forget that her deceit helped to bring out the worst in him, he made an awful turn thanks to Babe and Adam. I know it's not interesting, but dammit, I would like to see J.R. be a nice (yet flawed) guy. Not boring, but nice. And honestly, I think the actor playing Scott could pull off being the "slime" better and more effortlessly.

• Members

JR had tons of potential before the Carey clan, Babe, KWAK, and Marissa and their parasites, Jamie and Tad, ruined him. I've said it before and I stand by it; Jacob Young can play JR as a worthy heir to Adam, if he is given the right material to help him regain his enthusiasm. JR has to be freed of Marissa and can't be with Annie. JR has to start afresh with Natalia or Madison.

• Members

The Cortlands vs. the Chandlers sounds okay in theory but without Adam or Palmer, what's the point? I like Scott and he genuinely seems like a kid that could've been raised by Stuart but JR's too much of a lightweight to be Adam's child, especially now that's he's stapled to Marissa and there's no Hayley, no Skye, and no Miguel(what was the point of even bringing him up if he wasn't gonna be JR's donor anyway?) Who are the Cortlands right now? Palmer's gone and they haven't nourished a viable next generation. They'd need to bring in older Cortlands like Nina who've been off canvas for years and they certainly must strengthen Petey, if SORASing and recasting are necessary to do that so be it.

The thought of Kreizman penning a family war story gives me flashbacks of his heinous Coopers vs. Spauldings nonsense that he foisted on GL fans for five long years. He wrote both families into corners and polarized them into ridiculous cartoons. He decimated the entire canvas in order to make the Coopers, Gus & Harley in particular, the moral center of Springfield, only to have practically the whole show collapse when RPG and BE left, forcing the Cooper supporting players into leading roles they didn't belong in and couldn't handle.

Archived