Oldest daytime set that is still used???

• Members

I always thought SOS was an AWFUL set, garish and tacky. ConFusion is equally awful.

And I hate the new Wildwind set, it looks like a hacienda, not the dark gothic mansion it once was. Why not just say David moved? I was also annoyed when Adam's mansion and was just suddenly a completely new set, now that IS a better set but they didn't bother to make it even remotely similar.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The dark lighting was in place long before Ed Scott arrived. I guess you could consider the Forrester mansion on B&B since it's the same design as the Brooks mansion which began on Y&R in 1973, but not sure if it's actually the same set. Also, the Forrester mansion and Forrester Creations sets have been in use since 1987.

• Members

Yes, the lighting scheme was set by Conboy. It was his brainchild, actually... and it was a brilliant move because it set Y&R apart from everything else on the air (although CBS affiliates were a bit pissed because they kept having to field calls from viewers about the darkness, saying they thought their equipment was off) But since they won an Emmy for the lighting in their second year on the air (1974), and everyone in the industry oooh'ed and aaaaaah'ed about how wonderful Y&R looked, Bill Bell kept it all intact, even after conboy left. After all, don't mess with a good thing. Until Latham put her fat ass into the EP chair. And Rauch put the nail in the coffin, lately.

• Members

Mickey and Maggie should have moved into the Horton house years ago to look after Alice.

When Wes Kenney replaced Conboy in 82,he changed the lighting.Before that,the emphasis was on the people and Kenney lightened it so you cpild actually see the details of the sets more clearly.

There are some similaraties between the Forrester and Brooks homes,but they are definitely not the same set.

• Members

Not quite as old as the others, but I don't think a thing has changed in the Forrester living room since it was introduced in 1987. Surely someone must have flipped a sofa cushion and found a can of hair spray to tease up those big hairstyles and possibly a lost pair of shoulder pads. I actually hate the Forrester living room with the huge white sofas. It's such a cold set.

Kathryn's mansion is old, but there's something about it that's just right for her. It's so traditional (which she is in some ways). So many memories.

Archived