Oldest daytime set that is still used???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Katherine Chancellor's mansion has been used since late 1973 - early 1974.

On DAYS, Alice and Tom's house was used in the 1st episode and it was still the same set when Frances Reid last appeared on the show for Christmas 2007. But it hadn't appeared since I think.

Llanfair on OLTL must have changed since 1968 I guess but I have no idea. Just like GH's 7th floor.

ATWT Nancy's house has not been seen in ages.

Guest dc cubs

The Salem pier on Days has been around for over 20 years. I think Days retired Alice's living room set as Christmas this past year was at Bo and Hope's. That living room set may have been the original since Days started in 1965.

• Members

And the Newman ranch even has the leaded glass window from the Brooks house to this day, so that leaded glass window has been around since episode 1!! I understand and may forgive a little chipped paint here and there, but lately, the sets have been DIRTY... and there is NO EXCUSE for such things!

• Members

I think AMC did have the original Wildwind set for a while but that has been rebuilt for HD. JHC or one of the producers of the show seems to like to pointlessly remodel and replace sets frequently. I'm still annoyed that they replaced SOS with that awful,cold and weirdly lit Confusion set.

Archived