OLTL: Discussion for the week February 22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wish they'd been able to show Melinda and Addie and build this up over more months. I think Robin did a wonderful job with what she was given but the lack of Cramer women in the story, or even worse, Blair and Langston being involved in such silly side stories, sort of devalued the plot. Then Kelly and Adrianna returned but both those characters are extremely shallow, so they treated the whole thing as a joke. I think they should have had Cassie in a more central role starting some time ago. She should have returned to help deal with Mitch.

• Members

In summer 1997, Blair was pregnant via a fling with Patrick Thornhart when they thought Todd was dead. This baby was going to be used for bone marrow for Starr, who was dying. Blair and Patrick were driving home in the rain. Kelly, meanwhile, was weeping uncontrollably while listening to loud French songs, as she was upset that she had been dumped by Joey via letter. Kelly crashed into Blair's car. Blair lost her near full term baby and was comatose for months.

During this time, Kelly was persuaded by Bo's son Drew to keep quiet about the accident. Todd put all the blame on Patrick (which he probably wanted to do anyway) and this led to a big vendetta.

Kelly finally told the truth and shed some tears and everyone, from Todd, to Cassie, to Dorian, to Viki, to Patrick, basically told her how wonderful she was and that she had nothing to feel bad about. She was presented as being noble for even feeling bad in the first place.

The only one who was upset was Blair, when Kelly told her the truth. Blair told her off and told her to make sure she didn't kill anyone else on the way home. Kelly boo-hooed some more and people comforted her. Meanwhile, Blair had another stroke and had to learn to walk and talk again.

Somehow, Kelly was still the victim in all of this. Blair tried to get custody of Starr from Todd, and Kelly testified on Todd's behalf. Blair cold-cocked her in the courtroom hallway.

This then led to a storyline where Blair, to pay for a custody battle, dated filthy rich Ian Armitage, who was amused by her but was in love with Kelly. There were a lot of scenes of his great connection with Kelly (they loved whales, whales rock, etc.) while Blair was the desperate cipher.

This story was dropped, thankfully, which is one of the only good things I can say about JFP taking over as producer. But the stench still remains.

There was also some tension between them around 2003 when Kevin was married to Kelly but slept with Blair.

Archived