The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Oh, ites very different and comments are def important, but if she can do it they couldnt have picked a better person. She isnt doing much right now tho, so this should work well.

Fitting that britney is doing X Factor and Christina is doing The Voice.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The deal is supposedly 13 million for being a judge + 2 million bonus for performances. I'm guessing they may take away bonuses if they deem her not capable to perform.

I just can't get out of my mind, because I watched the clips recently, how she went from so mobile and capable on stage ("Like a Virgin" at the VMA's) to barely able to stand almost still and talk straight (her comeback performance at the VMA's or performance with Rihanna). I would think that maybe she's gotten somewhat better since those performances. No? Time to heal mentally and train?

I think part of the reason they went after Britney hard is she probably still has some of the train-wreck elements a la Paula.

ETA:

"Like a Virgin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ZK8B0qhIY

"S&M" (This was only as far back as 2011? Yikes, slight improvement from her earlier solo comeback at the VMAs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi6dUlFp-sA

• Members

Britney's last tour was lampooned for half-assed and botched dance moves, not to mention her usual lip-syncing (though she did try some live singing).

I feel sorry for her, but really, her shows are not that entertaining to me. I always get the feeling she'd rather be doing something else and her heart is no longer in the music/performing business.

This is basically the performing she's reduced to nowadays:

britfail_by_samfiss-d4tuzd6.gif

tumblr_lx9yhj6xYn1qdja8qo1_250.gif

Maybe judging on this show will be something new and exciting for her...

• Members

That's kind of sad, going through the motions. I'm sure she could retire but I'm guessing there may be people in her ear who want her to continue delivering them cash.

Could give her a second wind as a performer OR it could just be something fun. I'm rooting for her. She appears stable to me mentally, it's just she's no longer very good at live performances of any type.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I normally don't go along with all the comments that Simon Cowell must be gay, but some of the PR coming out lately is just ludicrous. He was having affairs with three women at the same time! So and so says they did it eleven times in one night!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I hope that it works out. It sounds like she got about what her people wanted (I can't remember the amount thrown around a few months ago). I don't know if I will watch this but I hope it is a success, mostly because Adam Levine/Blake Shelton/Christina Aguiliera come across as being vile people and that Voice show is a bunch of hypocritical bull and just an excuse for those involved to push all kinds of petty vendettas.

• Members

Demi Lavato? What the hell.

She's not even that successful as a singer, are they trying to catch the Disney crowd now? This is not going to work. I could understand Britney, as she's been in the business professionally for almost 15 years now, but Lavato?

It sounds like they're going squarely after a trainwreck-feel for the show in hopes that people tune in for that alone.

This show came to the US too late, and The Voice pretty much took the spot of the second big singing competition show before X-Factor premiered. This season is really make or break for it.

Archived