The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Omg I read that rumor and I totally wouldn't mind. I really love Gwen! I want her to make a comeback.

She did have a few albums between 2008-2011 and I found some of her songs catchy (Get Back, La La Land, Remember December to name a few). LOL. But yeah, she isn't really that accomplished. She's best known for her role in the Camp Rock movies and going to rehab :lol:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I feel so bad for the people in the UK LOL. It's obvious nobody cares about that panel anymore. They had no back up plan when Kelly Rowland quit (they should've simply paid her!), then all of those lame guest judges, but they pick the one who was fired from the US version for being a terrible judge. They should've gone with Alexandra Burke or Mel B, who apparently did very well in auditions and is more like Simon. She also has experience being a judge on the Aussie version.

• Members

I think someone with Cowell is trying and trying to make her a star. They fired Cheryl Cole (who seemed well liked and which caused a flurry of bad press) to push Nicole. Now she's on the UK version.

She's not likeable, she's not charismatic. She won DWTS but that was in large part due to Derek Hough - she came across horribly. She was hated on the US X Factor. It just goes on and on.

They also needed to get Gary Barlow out of there. He was just terrible, and that's only the combover.

• Members

Yeah I liked the show so much last season, the talent was top notch (for the most part), but Kelly was the only one who made sense. She can honest critiques, but also was very cute and funny and versatile as a judge. Gary was just rude for the sake of it, Louis is adorably Louis and Tulisa is a dumb slag. I can't believe they looked at that panel and didn't see the value of having Kelly on it. Now there is absolutely no star power there.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

After tonight's episode, I am totally smitten with Demi Lovato. I've never really paid much attention to her (I only really like three of her songs), never read too much about her, or seen any interviews, so I had no idea she was so funny, just so likeable. I loved her teasing Simon - her comment about Simon's wardrobe and at the end, "Aww...you do have a heart." She just won be over and I think I am now a Demi fan. wub.png

I thought Britney was good and looked great. I think she and Demi are way better than Paula/Nicole.

So far my two favorites: the 18 year old who is the Pat Benetar fan and the chick with the three old who came on stage. They both had good voices and were pretty.

Having no hosts was great too - they're not really needed for auditions.

Simon was in fine form. To the Lady Gaga bride: "You're like the lovechild of Madonna, Bobby Brown and Dracula." :lol: I could not stop laughing from his performance.....then they put him though! To the boy who was in the boy-band: "You know how in boy-bands, there was always one guy who never got any solos....you're him." LOL I immediately thought of Kevin Richardson (BSB) and Joey Fatone (Nsync). :lol:

• Members

I liked the first girl, Paige, but her performance was all over the place. She's beautiful and has great stage presence but her singing was not that great. They stopped the Bieber kid in the middle of his performance to tell him to work on his vocals but not her? WTF? I hope that's not how she sings in future episodes. I was surprised Simon called that one of his favorite auditions. She did NOT sound that grand.

Seriously. I thought the Lady Gaga Bride had a better voice than her (I was really glad they put him through b/c I thought his voice was really powerful. He could be great if he isn't all outlandish all the time I think. We'll see.)

LOL at that catty blonde bitch who was hating on Paige & giving stank looks to people throughout the whole first half of the episode. You could see and feel the power of editing in this episode. She could've been just another quick, terrible audition but they played out a whole little escalating S/L for her laugh.png There must have been a producer or exec or something who really disliked her & told the editors to paint her in the worst, drawn out light. LOL. It was totally manipulated.

OMG. That Don Philip guy who did a duet w/Britney in 1999 was a goddamn mess. I LOL'd. he really thought Britney cared that much about him. I'm sorry but no. She was not that hurt, man laugh.png Oh wow.

I enjoyed Jennel Garcia (the Pat Benetar girl) too and also found the Emblem 3 guys interesting. I thought it was messed up how that other guy who was in a boy band was treated. Damn. LOL!

• Members

Piage THomas, Jennel Garcia and Emblem3 were by far the best.

Britney brought it. SHe was on point, direct, honest, and truly judged the people. Demi was also great. A MUCH better cast.

I hope it is true about Khloe Kardashian hosting.

Britney & Simon have been great in the pres too. On Kimmel he said he liked to work with crazy people and Britney remarked she was good then, lol. I noticed she also alluded to her past when talking to Don Philip about how they all go through stuff and mentioned hard times in another interview. I think this show is really good for her.

• Members

tumblr_maa43adyt41rym1cno1_500.jpg

I loved Paige Thomas too but I couldnt stand these two hating ass bitches that were backstage hating on her

Y81e6.jpg

They were like oh god, no she didnt just cry and use her daughter for sympathy. Her sister actually said "you look better than she does" Bitch, no she doesnt!

tumblr_maa0ojqSUE1qfdz7ro1_500.gif

LMAO when the judges were dissing on her. Simon said she sounded like she was dying and called her annoying. Then she started singing Mercy and was "Why wont you release me" Well they did release you alright....lol

ZzVAZ.jpg

I cant be the only one that thought she resembled OLTL's Tea?

tumblr_ma9y798it71qefr98o2_250.gif

WTF were they thinking letting this through?

Emblem-3-The-X-Factor.jpg

Everyone else can go home. These 3 already won. Even if they dont win the finale, they got a record deal and are primed to be stars. I see it now. Probably will be the US' One Direction

tumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo1_250.giftumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo2_250.gif

tumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo3_250.giftumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo4_250.gif

tumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo5_250.giftumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo6_250.gif

tumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo7_250.giftumblr_maa2xmQuPI1rwl7hzo8_250.gif

"Its Britney ,Bitch" LMAO, I loved that segment

tumblr_maa5p7lwJD1qlgr6qo4_250.gif

• Members

I thought they were good. But Britney always has a look on her face like she's pooping out something. I still miss Paula. I'm glad Nicole is gone; let the U.K. Audience suffer this time.

I disagree. I dont think the sound bites effectively gave structure or direction to the show.

Archived