The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always find those episodes to be boring just because you mostly know whose going through. It's just a recap of the previous night and the reveal. That's the point where I get antsy and want to see the first live shows lol. Now that I know everyone who goes through I'll probably skip it and just watch the live show.

• Members

It's one of the biggest hits on FOX. Every episode averages over a 3.0 in the 18-49 demo, to say it's not a ratings winner is just not true. What else this fall is getting 8-9 million total viewers and a 3.0+ in the demo on FOX? Nothing. I do agree that the show is too expensive. I feel they could've had a bigger return with a more explosive judge next to Britney. Kelly Rowland or Melanie B would've done better IMO.

• Members

Kelly Rowland BROUGHT IT on the UK version last year. Gary Barlow is completely unlikable and Tulisa is out of her depth, as the current season proved. Kelly has the style and was an honest judge and was larger than life. I think she would bring a lot to the US version.

• Members

Thats fine and dandy but I wouldnt call her a big star or anything. People in the US dont buy her albums. She's nothing here without Beyonce. I understand she has fared better with international success but she's not much of a draw in this country. Besides you also have to keep in mind why Britney and Demi were chosen. I knew little about Demi before except that she cut herself and her sister was on DH, but she wasnt meant for me. She was chosen solely to bring in the teen/younger demograhic, whom she's bigger with. Kelly fills a similar role that Britney does and would be redundant next to her. It would have been either Kelly or Britney and well Britney is the bigger star. It was a no brainer

• Members

These shows don't need someone Demi's age to get that demographic, all of tv proves that. I think she's nice enough, but too young to be a judge or mentor on this show. I feel the same about Tulisa on the UK show. I also think Kelly's big enough considering she was an important part to Destiny's Child and also has had #1 singles in the US by herself, including Motivation just last year. She's not huge, but big enough.

Lets not forget where Paula's career was before AI....(the dumpster). At least Kelly has a continued level of success around the world.

tumblr_madxy4sfZq1rfduvxo1_500.gif

• Administrator

Wow, very shocked Simon didn't Playback - thought for sure he was going to create America's One Direction. Also surprised he chose Sister C - they're gonna have to go more pop if they don't want to exit very early on. Lylas aren't that great either, though I can see them improving but not enough to make it far.

Britney has the best team by far, especially with Arin, Carly Rose and Diamond.

Demi's team is pretty good too except for Willie Jones. Cece's the best of this group and Jennel is pretty good too. If Paige can gain some confidence, she can be really good. Jillian's exit almost me tear up because of her friendship with Jennell, "I think that' a good cry." And then both of them crying in each other's arms. Very surprised Demi chose Willie over Jillian.

On LA's team, I just really like David Correy.

My top tier favorites: Cece, Arin, Diamond

2nd tier favorites: Lyric 145, Carly Rose, Jennel, Paige, David

Predictions

Winner: Diamond

Finalists: Jennel, Cece

Top 5: Diamond, Jennel, Cece, Arin, David

For my 5th choice, it was hard to choose between Cece and Carly Rose. If Cece can get enough likeability factor and make it to the top 5, I think she can make it to the finals. If not and people just don't like her personality, I don't think she'll make it halfway.

Archived