The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You have a pretty face, why taint with paint? LOL I personally didn't mind the cocky attitude (I don't care if you have one as long as you can back it up). I think that most people will dislike that and will not vote for her, that's why I question her attitude during the interviews. Though I get the feeling the producers probably had a hand with getting her to do that, just like in last week's episode they had that blonde with her sister talking 'trash' about other people.

• Members

Yikes! The girl , Krysten with the shaved head just did not have a powerful voice. Her rendition of Whitney's song was flat and lacked any energy. She looked bored on stage as I was watching her. Such a shame bc she looked like she was ready to kill it. Well I guess she did. Im dissapointed bc it almsot seemed like they were hyping her up bc I thought they were sending her back and giving her a second chance bc she was gonna do amazing. What an UGLY, ungraceful exit. The bitch cursing up a storm, throwing water at the camera men and then picking up a chair ready to fight. She should be embrassed

• Members

LMAO! I was not expecting that ending for her at all. Damn. She was just not good at all, the whole last segment was painful to watch (minus Britney's reactions - HILARIOUS!)

And LOL at the overdramatic thunder theme the show had going on. Seriously laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png They have a great Adobe After Effects artist.

Wasn't that impressed with ANYONE tonight. I found the episode really boring. No one stood out to me!

Wow is it really Producer influenced? It confuses me why they give bitchy/cocky edits for people that go through if they're trying to build a cast of people that America will like & vote for. That girl could've easily gotten a nice edit, they didn't need to show all the stuff she was saying on the side to make America hate her. She was pretty pleasant during her audition. I guess it makes sense that it could be producer influenced. A controversial contestant on a singing show always brings a lot of publicity.

But, I also sometimes wonder if the personalities are all real and are shown b/c someone higher up in the show wanted it to be shown because they were annoyed & knew America would be too. They want to show them in their true light for drama purposes and to keep people talking, even when they know they don't or didn't stand a chance. If that makes any sense at all. Who in the HELL knows! Either way it gets people buzzing.

The editing of this show fascinates me though. It's so blatant.

• Members

I heard they don't have Boys and Girls this year, but something splitting them based on ages. I think Britney will have the young teens. I know one year the UK show did this, but it was a huge flop. Nobody wants ot see little 12-14 year olds. They can't have a career at this age so it's pointless. They should stick to the regular Boys, Girls, Over 25's and Groups. And minimum age should absolutely be 16.

• Members

I hate the idea of an Under 20 group or that Britney has it. She just won't win with those teenyboppers. I understand they want to find another Justin Bieber but the chances of that happening are slim. I also don't like that you don't have a Boys and Girls separate category. They will learn. These changes never work on the international X Factor's and they always go back to the tried and true.

5 million dollars is too much money to waste on a child who will never have a career. Sorry lol. I guess it's obvious I don't like kids on singing shows.

• Members

Considering last season produced one person that had any intrest, Rachel, and she is younger than 15, i can see why they want younger kids. I think britney have under 20 is fine and she can do well. A lot of the under 20's have been great and i wouldn't be surprised at all if one of them won.

Emblem 3's Sunset Blvd is in the top 20 sales on Itunes!

• Members

Rachel Crow was the exception IMO and I hated how her exit was handled. She was a total brat, but the judges were given such heat for doing their job, mainly because she was young. I don't think kids are handled fairly on a show like this. IN a way people want to baby them which is annoying. I think 16 is a good start age because it's young, but not too young to release music mature enough to be a hit.

Actually, Rachel Crow is probably a good example of what I mean. Her debut single (which was great) flopped, but I predict her tv show will be a hit, which will give her a few years to grow up and then she'll have a successful album. You just can't be a popstar at 12-14.

• Administrator

I think 13-14 is fine if they take 1-2 years to develop them. Britney and Christina broke out in their mid teens, so it can be done.

The more I see of Demi Lovato, the more my infatuation with her grows. She's so quick and on her toes (she hears thunder and says, "even God is rocking out right now."), and I really like her behind the scenes moments with Simon, how she always jokes around with him.

Favorites from last night:

Jeffrey Adam Gutt: http://youtu.be/tBKuWF-JQAQ

Wilie Jones: http://youtu.be/KWZWuVCXqRg

Archived