The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it really is, it was on diff days, at diff times, epsidoes cut into, etc... fox has done this season awful. and it isnt a show im going to sit infront of a comp and watch for two hours.

as for the winter break, take it to final 6 pre-break and they can see who does well with social networking and hometown vists during the break to give them an idea of if they really have what it takes to be a star, then return and the elimination and finale lead right into the american idol premier.

• Administrator

Predictions on who the judges will vote off: LA Reid will vote off Jason Brock, Simon will vote off Sister C, Britney will vote off Beatrice Miller, Demi will vote off Willie Jones.

1432 stands for I love you? I don't get it. LOL

Yeah, I can totally see Emblem 3 being douches - "It's better than being a waiter." But I can see the young girls liking them.

You could barely hear Arin's voice due to those smoke sound effects.

• Administrator

WTF happened? What in the world was Britney and LA smoking? Diamond has one of the best voices in the competition and she's sent home after an amazing performance? She was the best singer in her group, same with David Correy. Oh well, I am positive we will be seeing a lot more of Diamond in three years time, when she's 16, that right age to break out. She's a pretty girl, so that's going to help her out too. I don't know about David Correy because he doesn't have the look. If he someone gives him a chance and he does Bruno Mars-esque songs, he could have a shot. I just have more faith that we haven't seen the last of Diamond. She has superstar potential. Too bad Britney didn't see it.

Jason Brock makes it to the next round. Unbelievable.

Glad 1432 will change their name.

• Members

1432 needs better songs. I need them singing GROUP songs and they need to pick a lead singer. For the live shows I need one or two girls singing the majority of the song and they need to work on their harmonies. I don't think it's hopeless, but the styling is BAD and they aren't experienced enough as a group to make solo songs sound like something natural in a group. Simon needs to pull something out as he has the pleasure of knowing pretty much all the US and UK girl groups. Give them a fun song from The Saturdays or Girls Aloud or something fun like an early TLC song.

I think Britney made a HUGE Mistake. Beatrice was horrific last night and should've gone home. I thought Arin was bad, but Carly was too. The only one I thought rose above Britney's bad choices was Diamond. She made that song work and looked like a natural. Carly looked bored, Arin cracked under pressure (and his vocals were bad) and Beatrice was just bad last night. I can't believe Diamond is the one who went home.

For Demi, I actually liked Paige last night. I thought Paige and Cece were her most solid contestants. Willie had weak vocals and a weak song (overall song choice was a problem for Demi) and Jennel was the most overrated hot garbage of the night. That song was terrible and they took every ounce of what made her interested and snatched it away. How can you go on about her sex appeal, then have her perform that? Jennel/Willie should've been bottom with Willie going home.

The Overs are terrible so I don't really care. The right one went home, but the cute guy with tattoos shouldn't have been in the bottom. That should've been Vino.

• Members

back when pagers were the rage 1432 was i love you. A rap song came out a few years ago, 143, that made it popular again.

As for the show i really dont like the format. Nobody from Demi's team deserved to go, and in comparison to LA's team nobody from Britney or Simons teams either. I do think Demi and Simon and LA made the easiest choices possible. Britneys i disagree with, that carly girl was awful and seems like a brat. beatrice wasnt good either. however, both already have huge followings and are well liked by everyone of the judges. I think they were easily the bottom two. Diamond was weak tonight and deserved to go compared to the guy tho.

Demi, while great during auditions, is really showing a weakness here tho. She basically turned her people into clones of rihanna, kesha, and joan jett. I think all of LA's people had the wrong songs. Britney was on point tho and i think its interesting she gave her kids unexpected songs to see what they can really do. I dont wanna see them sing the same type of song week in and week out. Simon is great at what he does. I hope Demi stops trying to make CeCe into this current basic pop star that even Demi cant become, because the girl can sing. She needs to be doing No Doubt and TLC songs.

Final 4 prediction: Emblem 3, CeCe, Beatrice and Carly

Archived