The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The X-Factor has been a complete flop. I am surprised Simon is still involved with this show.

L.A. Reid was a boring judge..

Simon should have gone back to Idol with Paula and Randy and made this the last season of the show. It is another show that lost its way long time ago.

• Administrator

Though I think E3 will sell well for at least their first 1-2 years, I'm glad they didn't make it to the finals. I just didn't want them to with the 5 million dollar contract. Rooting for Carly Rose to win but I won't be upset if Tate or 5thH win.

I didn't mind LA Reid.

• Administrator

I wanted Carly to win but I don't mind Tate because he seems like a good guy, a family guy. It's easy to be happy for someone like that. Revealing the top 2 each week really took the surprise element out of the finals. Carly and Tate were basically 1-2 for the entire competition.

• Administrator

I know I said last month I wouldn't root for 5thH again but I started liking them again the last two weeks, mainly because of their rendition of "Anything Can Happen" - I can't stop listening to it. LOL

I won't be listening to Tate's music because I don't listen to straight country (I like prefer pop-country) but I really hope he'll be successful.

• Members

When he revealed the rankings I lost interest in the show. The UK version releases the ranking for each week AFTER the show has ended. It's always more interesting that way. Maybe had they done the reveal only one week I could get over it, but after seeing Tate/Carly dominate week after week it showed me I didn't need to watch. Especially the results show. IDK why it's so difficult for them to do this US show right. I fully expect next season to be a disaster as well. Iw onder who will be judging.

• Members

I can't get with the Fifth Harmony love or all those repeat songs they sang. That was sooooooo annoying. I wish they had done a modern girl group song, Spice Girls, Girls Aloud or Sugababes. And for the finale instead of having Kelly Rowland appear at the un-televised Pepsi pre-show, they should've had her perform with them and sing a Destiny's Child song. I feel like that, plus stronger girl group songs could've helped them at least get second place. Anything Could Happen was a great turning point, but they never went anywhere from that moment.

I would've done Anything Could Happen, the next week Stop by Spice Girls followed by The Promise by Girls Aloud. Top it off with that Destiny's Child duet and they could've even won.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived