The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

CeCe can actually sing though and she's good looking so I think she'll have a great shot if someone signs her. Get her in the hands of Dr. Luke and Max Martin and we'll have another pop star in the making. So shocked she survived but I'm happy. I'm also glad Diamond survived though I don't think she'll make it to the top 3.. I think Cece will leave next, then 5thH, then Diamond and that the final 3 is pretty much set with Carly Rose, Emblem 3 and Tate.

• Members

CeCe has the look, fire, personality, etc....but absolutely NO control of her voice. Girl sounds a HOT MESS on stage every time IMO!

How annoying was Tank Top Boy pounding his stomach (loudly) when the finalists were being revealed?

Was surprised to see Paige go home after the praise she got last night. BYE VINO! LOL.

• Members

If Brit was CeCe and Paiges mentor i think both would have done so, so much better. While britbrit may lack something as a judge, as a mentor she is on it and demi is just not.

I think that 5tHarm and Diamond are gone next week, then CeCe, Emblem3, Tate and Carly will be final 4 giving each judge one person in it.

If XFactor wants a successful winner Carly can not win. She will not make it and she 100% does not have the X factor. Shes an amazing singer with no personality. tate will do the best of this group and emblem 3 and cece will have a hit or two.

• Administrator

That's why you have producers. :) She's going to sound really awesome on recorded songs. And she just needs to learn how to control the voice because I still think she can sing live. I can see her improving with the right teachings.

I didn't catch that. Glad I didn't.

• Administrator

I don't see the difference in their mentoring. Both CeCe and Paige were given a mixture of uptempo and ballads.

If X-Factor wants a successful pop act, then it's Emblem 3. I think Diamond will be big....in 3 years.....and as she gets into her late teens/early 20's, she's going to be a superstar.

I don't think Tate will be make it big in country music. I think he'll just get one album. But I don't know much of the country music industry.

• Members

They have the same mentoring, and thats the problem. Demi doesnt know how to make a pop star. She herself is hardly one. Britney knows what makes one, is one, and has the knowledge to pass on to others. When they show the rehearsals she is always telling them tech stuff and whatnot. LA and Simon obviously are masters at making pop stars. Demi had the frontrunners in this game, the best selections and the best age range and shes just, as has been pointed out, made them into clones. Paige as Rihanna, CeCe as Kesha, jennell as Joan jett (at least JJ isnt currently at the top of the game i guess) and she cut Willie because she had no idea what to do with him as she couldnt clone him. She stripped CeCe of what made her stand out - her cockiness. I get making people like her, but Demi has turned the girl into almost timid and a crying mess. Its been really sad. That said, again, Demi is a great judge. shes just an awful mentor.

Yup, i agree.

I think Tate would do incerdible in the country music arena. Who do you think is voting him right there at first right now? He has an amazing voice, a great image, and totally fits right in on country music radio. he could easily be one of the top selling artists to come from a reality show too given how coutnry fans actually still buy albums. Look at American idol - the majority of their acts who have stayed around are in country.

• Members

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Nicole has 2 singers in the X Factor UK finale. I just can't with her. She's just as annoying as ever!

On another note, Cheryl Cole is suing the X Factor producers for breach of contract.

http://www.eonline.com/news/369755/cheryl-cole-sues-x-factor-producer-over-firing-claims-she-s-owed-millions

But it's also interesting to me that she was seen last week at Simon's home in LA. People speculated that it was because he wants her back on the UK version. Maybe in fact he was trying to stop this lawsuit from going through.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/music/music-news/simon-cowell-makes-up-with-cheryl-1464484

• Members

X Factor is full of show killing mistakes.

- Firing Cheryl on the US version. She was too popular in the UK for Simon to ruin their relationshipship.

Result: Simon begging her to return to the UK show the past two seasons and also for next year.

- Letting Dannii go instead of negotiating around her Australia's Got Talent schedule for the early auditions.

Result: Female judges that haven't clicked and them offering her big bucks to return to the show this year.

- Treating Kelly Rowland like garbage. I'm sorry, but Kelly was entertaining and brought star power. She was also a good mentor and her contestants ALL did well.

Result: We're stuck with Nicole on the UK show because they thought Kelly would accept their crappy offer and she turned them down.

In general there is a trend of treating the female judges poorly and not giving them the credit they deserve. It's backfired for them every time.

Archived