Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked Phyllis slapping Nick. She should take her daughter and move back to her old apartment and dump him for good. It is time to take out the trash with Gloria and Jeff and let Loser Nick be in a triangle with Sharinit and Adam. They can use Michelle to prop up the recasted version of her former bff

Y&R could really use a bitter and nasty divorce right about now to bring this show out of its boring and putrid storylines and go with the tried and true to life story that could be dynamite. Of course Nick is not much of a fighter, but I could see Victor playing the heavy in the divorce and finally unleash the real Phyllis that has been hiding beneath the surface for all these years.

• Members

Alphanguy says today's episode was as bad as yesterday's...but I didn't have any of the same strong negative reactions.

There are still some plotting problems (Emily-Jack, Adam-Sharon moving waaaaaaaaaaay too fast), but the episode itself made a lot more sense. People weren't teleporting all over Genoa City. As near as I could tell, no one was out of character.

- Kevin made the right choice (side with Michael, not Ryder)

- Amber (horrible costume notwithstanding) was heart-breaking in her weeping for Little D. And Daniel...in his dismissive and unsupportive tone...was more of a douche than ever.

- continuing to love Abby as insouciant teen; in that role, this Hayley Erin can work

- Adam's discomfort with baby Faith in Sharon's arms is a realistic beat, and kudos to Muhney to playing that all non-verbally.

- Emily (despite my discomfort with her story) acted like a psychiatrist and a girlfriend in her scenes tryng to bridge Billy and Jack. Thus, she was much better written today.

- Wilson Bethel and the dialog..."Why do I always have to be bad cop?"...and his sad face alone for Christmas...he's selling me on his character. But I'm loathing that Daisy...which is what I guess the writers want.

- I love it when the writers remember that Phyllis and Michael are best friends. They work terrifically together.

I'm not remembering why Billy hates Adam so. Is it related to Ashley's summer of "imprisonment" in the ranch, and Adam's role in trying to keep her there? Or just because Billy hates all other dudes?

It was nice to see Traci, and it makes sense she'd come home to be with CeeCee for Christmas. I wasn't totally "feeling" the graveside, but Traci is always welcome.

And while I admire Nick's feeble attempt at authenticity:

Phyllis was totally right to slap him---HARD. She is not his "comfort woman" or his therapist. It is so egocentric and narcissistic that he asked this of her. I'd like to see someone pursue Phyllis for who she is...and watch Nick lose her too.

It is amazing how much stronger one episode can be than the next. MAB really needs to work on ep-by-ep consistency and "one voice". This kind of up-down pattern was the hallmark of LML's later run too. These variations in writers shouldn't be so obvious.

• Members

The awful day to day writing makes a lot of the little problems seem worse than they actually are.

This show fails majorly in the creative, pacing, and execution departments. The creative flaws, like the awful storytelling, wouldn't be so bad if the pacing and execution weren't so awful.

I really hope 2010 brings on some changes for Y&R, even if we have to keep MAB as a figurehead. Sheffer, Hamner, Rauch, and a good amount of this writing staff seriously needs to be fired, and Maria could use a stronger Co-HW who gets basic soap opera pacing and plotting elements.

• Members

The way Y&R and this writing team (and Latham before them for that matter) treats court cases, I don't want to see what they would do with a custody battle. It would probably be over in like one day and come off like a little petty hearing, like all the other courtroom battles have come off on this show with this writing team.

I also don't need to see Heather's stupidity cause her to lose another case again...

• Members

Mark H

Just because there were some better moments in today's episode than yesterday's, doesn't mean it didn't suck ass too.

1. Why is Little D SEVEN? He should be 11, or actually 20 if you consider the recent casting of his 2 year younger half sister Hope on B&B who has been SORASSED to 17. I think they should make this kid 12 and play Adrienne's current age because the younger Amber looks when she stole little ABCDE, the easier it is to believe that she was vulnerable to the manipulations of her mother and was a "young offender" rather than a fully grown legal woman. B&B has no excuse for the New Hope Casting, unless Brad and his SIL are trying to embarrass the other. I don't think that Daniel looked that bad since Amber has not spent any time in the past discussing this great love child of her life and Amber looks like a nut case for dragging this out of no where.

2. There are no realistic moments in the Adam/Sharon storyline. If they wanted the audience to think he loved her, we could have had him thinking about it and almost blurting out to her that that is her baby when Assley walks in the door. MM is not Adam and if they want to keep the character they really should recast. But I suspect this is now being rushed to a February Sweeps murder or attempted murder plot.

As for Billy, the only reason that he is on to Adam is so that he will look better when Adam is exposed. We have to remember his out of the blue intervention with Ashley towards the end of the pregnancy. It is easier to do this stuff than to write him as a real character.

Archived