Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I’m a person who enjoys my holiday season, why would I wreck it with repeated viewings of Y&R? But I did watch today's episode and while it wasn't terribly bad, it wasn't good either. I loved seeing Traci and loved Nikki coming back with her brunette hair color, and I liked Jill giving Katherine the present at the end but all in all it felt cold and hollow. Why is Billy constantly drunk nowadays with nobody seeming to care? Why did Jill hit the sheets with dirty old Tucker? Why doesn't the jet carrying Adam and Sharon just crash and take both of them out?

Newman Christmas--Tomorrow they're showing the 2003 Christmas episode at a time when the family had fallen apart over Victor's corporate sabotage scheme indirectly causing Ashley to lose her baby. Nick was so furious he turned his own father in and Victoria was so upset she left town. Yet ironically his own granddaughter is poisoned by a woman Victor brought to town in a new scheme and Nick doesn't give one iota about it nor does Victoria. How distasteful.

• Members

Don't you remember? They cared, briefly, but then realized that's just what makes Victor Victor. And the scene where Phyllis confronted him was supposedly cut out because of Braeden's request.

The expectations are now so low for Y&R that if they had someone say "Merry Christmas" it would be seen as a great holiday moment.

Bill Bell was a very sincere writer and he was never ashamed of putting in moments which, at the time, I felt were somewhat cheesy, like Victoria asking Cole to help her learn how to pray, but looking back, I sure miss a time when those who ran this show were not extremely cynical and crass every step of the way.

• Members

Sounds like GH

I swear its as if Frons sent someone over to the old people network (Y/R) to screw them over...

I hadn't ever noticed the resemblance of the actors Case/Mulhaney I'll have to keep my eye on that

I still think Y/R is a much better soap than GH even on its worse days.

GH is just godawful...yes GH has its moments I'm speaking "consistently solid storytelling"

The answer is no and it must not be just me being a bitter Bettie

because SOW ranked them #7 tied with OLTL (Ratings)

err thats last... :blink:

• Members

This whole thing is odd to me too

but I thought since Patti is deemed nuts that lets her off the hook...

Victor has heart issues that gets him off the hook for bringing her...

I guess...

I liked Phyllis slapping Nick's silly a...z

I guess she's tired of hearing it too re: his flip flopping/Sharon obsession

I mean come on Nik; I like she figured him out called him on it.

The Adam/Sharon storyline I like it a lot

because I know what he's done re: her daughter

I have to keep reminding myself they are setting up an awesome reveal that's all I'm waiting for

these two women who championed him find out they have been played. WoW she is close in love with a

a man who did an unspeakable/unforgiveable act on her....

Everybody warned Ashley/Sharon but they gave him a second (third) ?? chance so?

They're about to take a big hit.

Should be some good acting out of this.

I mean the kid is Victor's / Ashley's now

but then Sharon/Nik are the parents

then Niki will be snagged in the middle of all this

I wonder how Adam will get out of this one.

I forget; (thinking sometimes)

he switched the children because of Sharon/Nik bond (he's trying to destroy) but in actuality I have to

keep reminding myself it was about Victor so? I like the storyline I like waiting

for the cah-cah to fly then hit the fan...its going to be good... :lol:

• Members

Agree with everything you said, this show has lost its emotional core, so everything feels so hallow and distant. It's sad.

None of it makes any sense.

As for Y&R and GH comparisons, both shows suck in similar and unique ways. I think both shows half-ass character writing, pace poorly, and do everything for shock value.

• Members

Why was Traci and Ashley at the Winters?? They could've been at home with Jack and the rest of the Abbots celebrating the holidays. Billy was annoying as hell today. I dont ever recall be annoyed by Billy when he was written by other writers. Nikki being on for one episode felt so weird..and not in a good way.

• Members

Line of the week belongs to Summer answering the door to Sharon, "Go AWAY"! Of course Sharon will have to marry Adam to get over the hurt. This is so ridiculous. I think it would have been better if she went back to being Billy's drinking/[!@#$%^&*] buddy and they decided to get drunk and marry in Vegas. It is like they have to go through every cliche plot device to get to Adam's Feb sweeps murder.

• Members

I think what annoyed me the most is that Billy just shows up in the mansion heavily drunk and goes "oh that silly Billy..." In the past a moment like that would have been "OMG! Intervention time!!!" Its a pathetic tragedy that Katherine and Jill just seem to brush off to the side when they themselves know the full horrors of alcoholism. And at this particular point time it seems Billy can outdrink Katherine, Nikki, Neil, and P3 combined yet nobody is paying attention to that.

• Members

I finally got to see today's episode. It was OK.

There were some nice attempts at a family atmosphere. I liked the gift Devon got from Neil and the attempt Jill is making to mend fences with Katherine.

I am sick of the Newman entitlement. I would like to see JT and Phyllis make life hell for the siblings, especially after Nick's flip response of all Reed needs to be OK in Dubai is a nanny.

I got my Christmas wish, everybody -- Billy trashed Jill for not being there for him. Finally, this is being addressed! :rolleyes:

Those scenes were terrible. It was pathetic to see them allow a drunk man to wander around the room and have extended time with a baby, a child he could easily drop or shake or anything before they would be able to get to him. He was acting like a parody of an alcoholic. Are we supposed to laugh, or feel sorry for him? What is the point of any of this? Are we just supposed to think it's cool, like when Craig on ATWT got drunk all the time? Real men are boozers? I had some hopes for the Chancellor Christmas early on, what with the mention of Brock, but seeing everyone mostly stand around during this bad comedy routine reminded me of how hollow the show has become.

Archived