Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's just that when Sheffer and Rauch took over they probably worshiped Victor, or it's an easier story to reunite Victor with his children and have them never question him. I know MAB also had her indulgent moments, like the Victor/Sabrina romance, but there was a good and relatively long running story about how his children had washed their hands of him. That was all pissed away in the forged diary nonsense, so we could make it all about the all powerful Newmans against wicked Jack and Adam.

They don't realize that having people slavishly devoted to Victor just makes him into Emperor's New Clothes.

The Newmans just seem very tired to me. And so does Sharon. I mean I am tired of her but to have Summer yell GO AWAY at her shows how little respect the show has for her.

• Members

One of the reason the show is going down because Victor can't never lose. Who the hell he thinks he is. Everybody loses sometimes. I mean it's unbelievable that Jack & the Abbotts have to lose all the time in everything. & plus Everybody wants a Newman. Nick isn't a prize at all for women to want him. Especially somebody like Phylis to lose her head over.

• Members

I used to like Phyllis, but I can't help but feel the time has come and gone for this character, especially how she's been written since the Latham era, and this relationship they keep trying to force with Nick. They might have their fans, but I see nothing there.

It also doesn't help how damn lazy Michelle Stafford can be...

• Members

It's disgusting. Say what you will about some of the stories, and feminist writers certainly had a field day with stuff like Ashley's abortion, but there was more of a basic respect for women, and fascination with a woman's point of view. We were supposed to care about them. They were not toys, as even Katherine seems to be with these writers. And Victor, as awful a man as he can be, often had more of a respect for the women in his life which is long gone. The way he behaved towards Jill this year was sad to see.

• Members

No the infamous slap scene came in 2002 when Victoria learned that Victor had tried to bribe Diego into leaving town. HT's last days saw Victor apologizing to Victoria for always passing her over and underestimating her and tried to her the CEO position, but she refused and left town because was upset and torn by both Victor's misdeeds and by Nick's betrayal.

A few months later I believe Nikki slapped Victor for kissing Sharon and then later John sucker-punched the living daylights out of Victor with any strength he had left. It was a rare moment because I remember Victor telling Nikki he respected John too much to ever hit back and could understand why John was upset. I wonder what Braeden thought of that...

• Members

Not only can he never lose, they have to make sure his opposition is completely broken. The Abbotts are as broken as can be. To think only a few weeks after people found out about the MJ nightmare, Ashley and so many others were pooping their pants over some mild attacks printed against him in Restless Style.

• Members

Summer probably hears her parents arguing all the time about SHARON and probably remembers daddy abandoning her and mommy for her, so it is quite understandable why Summer would want her to go away. Kids are quite bright when it comes to picking up on emotions and the atmosphere around them.

Archived