Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Members

That X-Mas 2003 that re-aired yesterday makes me so sad to see how things have rapidly fallen apart for this show over the course of the past 6 years.

And yes, the production values were great. They should really fire Rauch and bring back David Shaughnessy to handle the technical production again. Not only that, but the family dynamics back then seemed a lot more stronger, and the characters felt like actual defined characters. That episode was filled with so much heart, and it wasn't shallow/hollow and cold like this year's Christmas episode, or most of this year for that matter.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark, she doesn't have a lot to do in the episode. She isn't in the first part and in the second part they just show her walking into the ranch. The third part near the end she kisses Bobby, and she doesn't have a speaking part in the fourth part either.

I had forgotten Devon was around back then. I'd also forgotten Christine was still on the show by this time. I knew she returned to represent Daniel when Cassie was killed but I thought that was just a visit.

Malcolm's fake hair doesn't get any better. Olivia's hair also looks fake. That weird flashback Dru had where Olivia was in the background doing the smug smirk was sort of a symbol of what a hack job Y&R did on Olivia for the last 5-6 years she was on the show. Up to around the time she got together with Malcolm she had been a character I really liked and respected. Then she just blanded out and then became so unpleasant so they could generate sympathy for Malcolm.

Dru looks so gorgeous in the 2004 episode. I love the glittery green eyeshadow. And JT looks as good as ever. It was nice to see Ashley's Mac again. I was never a big fan of hers but she has a warmth which I haven't seen in the character in ages.

The 2003 episode -- Michael staring in at the window, giddy at the reunited Newmans, was a wee bit creepy, was it not? It was like the definition of a Newman propper.

Archived