Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cassie's death worked for me because it was so well executed and I don't feel like we were burnt out on death at that point. My only complaint is when they killed Cassie. Instead of doing it at the beginning of the year they should've shown her parallels with Sharon in high school. I wanted her to get pregnant, make mistakes, etc. before she was sent off. The aftermath was great, but the build up was just far too rushed. But John? As I was making potato salad to go with todays chit'lins (yes!), I was thinking of John and Mamie. So sad that John never got to be with his soulmate. We didn't even get a quick little fling. SO sad. Now they act like Mamie didn't exist when she was really an important part of the Abbott's from the beginning. Even LML, who likes black people, didn't seem to get the importance of Mamie. Losing John after we'd lost Mamie, Traci, Billy (he's still useless as an Abbott as he's written) and then we lost Ashley shortly after. It was too much. Now Ashley's back, but she's more a Newman than she is an Abbott. Giving her Victor's ranch felt like another death. Jack all alone in that mansion doesn't work. Traci needs to be back full time, along with Keemo, Kyle, Diane and Ashley. Honestly, I'd just cast Eric Steinberg as Keemo and hope people don't notice he looks just like Ji Min. People always come back as other characters. I say "no biggie."

Another character that is dead to me is Sharon. She is such a unique character with so much potential and all of it is squandered. Since Cassie died her stories basically write themselves, but the writers never follow through. Sharon Case does her best, but she can't save this Adam garbage. I think she's best at delving into Sharon's heart, but this plot driven mess doesn't suit her.

• Members

Who was the little boy with John Abbott? Was that Jack's son Kyle? I only saw the last ten minutes.

It was sad to see Gina again, as she now does not exist, other than to try to make us pity Kevin.

The show looked so beautiful back then. I know, franchise fee cut, 40% or more, but still, there's a cheapness now which doesn't involve budget slashing.

Archived