December 7-11, 2009

Toups

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care what Phelps and Burton claim for purposes of public consumption. GH's demos are down from last year. There is no way that the network and the advertisers are happy that GH is still in 2nd place with these declining demos. The advertisers are paying ABC less money for commercials because GH's demos are lower which in turn means less profit for ABC in turn GH's budget is squeezed and there are more black out weeks and cast and crew cuts. Phelps and Burton can blabber on that things are good because GH is in 2nd place, but ABC very well cares that their profit is down. I can see Phelps and Burton touting GH is no. 2 in the younger women demos on the day it is cancelled. Fools.

• Members

I don't either, and I seriously believe the Burton (and the people at GH are delusional), Burton and NLG try to convince people that GH beats Y&R in 18-49 demos back in September. I think they are living in la la land.

The best part about it is that GH is not even in 2nd place anymore.

• Members

I am not going to criticize Y&R last week, the show had some good moments and I liked that the ratings went up and I like that we had a lot of the veteran actors on during the week. Hopefully we can get away even for a little bit from the bloody Daniel/Amber/Deacon malarkey (and someone please assasinate Lame for me) that I think is boring and has gone on far too long and dragged the ratings down toward the end of the week but not by much.

I think the ratings are going to start to go up even if it is by a small amount once we get into the new year. At least I hope the # of viewers pick up. Frankly I think MAB is probably getting more input from CBS & Sony now, because the blooming show is so stale..so I am expecting to see some tweaking - starting to see some of it already. I do not believe for 1 second that Leslie Moonves just felt the need for "speed" and came out with his recent comments. :P

• Members

IA. This demos nonsense they continue to profess to me is ridiculous. I'm not saying it's not important but as Y&R while losing viewers has seemed to gain in those demos, Days is bouncing back, how can they claim to be content with this. They have brought back a key actor, have a famous actor who is supposedly "hip" with that coveted demo and they still drop. And if things are rosey over there, why did THEIR actors also take paycuts, why did they goto a 4 day a week shooting schedule, why have they had blackout weeks. Certainly not because things are doing so well. And GMAB Days and Y&R have both cut also.

Y&R is actually the show that surprises me. For as bad as it is now, they've actually gained in those demos from last year. Why? no idea.

Archived