December 7-11, 2009

Toups

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
But all ABC would have to pay is a licensing fee, am I right? They wouldn't have to pay all the fees to produce the show because essentially they don't own the show. Right? And wasn't it mentioned by posters in the Brad Bell interview that Y&R, B&B and perhaps DAYS all get money from international revenue, which supplement the cost of producing the show?

It would be a costly gamble, but DAYS moving to another network would in the long run benefit ABC or CBS. There'd be the publicity surrounding it, but also DAYS fans are so fierce and loyal that they would follow that damn show anywhere. And even though ABC wouldn't "own" DAYS, there is the potential that bringing DAYS to ABC might boost the numbers of their other two company owned shows. And DAYS, even if ABC would have to foot the entire bill, would STILL be cheaper to produce than OLTL.

DAYS would be stable on ABC now, yes. But I think DAYS' long-term viability is in being surrounded by other shows with similar fanbases.

• Members

Both NBC and CBS are looking for cheap shows to produce and make money out of no matter how bad the ratings are. Jay Leno like you said is a failure yet it is still making money for NBC. No wonder viewers are going away from the 3 big networks and onto something else. Who wants cheap looking and awful shows on their screens.

• Members

LOL. You don't know that. I think a promotional push, coupled with at least a three year commitment would really strengthen CBS' lineup or in ABC's case, perk up the numbers and maybe go head to head with Y&R for #1. Ambitious I know, but DAYS being around more recognizable soap brands(AMC/GH) might improve their numbers. Especially considering that Y&R will probably continue to to trend downward and it's very likely that ABC and CBS do not share the same soap audience.

• Members

My, my, awfully defensive aren't we? I wasn't being hostile...I just wondered why you feel the need to reply to each and every person who suggests that it is possible that "Days of Our Lives" will switch networks by saying "Days won't go to ABC" or "Days won't go to CBS" or "Days won't go..."

I never said you didn't have the right to an opinion, but to constantly say the same thing but just change the network call letters? Just a little overkill, I think.

• Members

Well NBC doesn't seem to care about that. If they did why are they sticking with it. Perhaps they will end up cancelling The Tonight Show. I have no idea which one is actually doing better. NBC is still perplexing to me. I don't get it at all. Perhaps this is just one big experiment.

Archived