December 7-11, 2009

Toups

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know how these season averages are calculated? I was curious because at least based on ratings posted here, I don't think Y&R for example has a 3.7 average in ratings nor does Days have a 2.3 average for that period. Not trying to be nitpicky just curious. I am assuming other things get factored in for these averages.

• Members

And LMAD costs half as much to produce as the average soap according to the NY Times article. I would like to see the ratings breakdowns by market. In my market, LMAD goes up against GH so these are really good overall numbers. The second hour numbers are even better which means that LMAD is a strong lead in for the TPIR or the 4:00 p.m. news according to the market. Yet I wonder about the demos. I'm glad that Wayne Brady is having success. LMAD is hokey, but he is a good host. It doesn't bode well for the soaps in the long run, but I doubt the networks are going to rashly cancel the soaps. It will take them awhile to come up with good replacement programming.

• Members

I am glad that Days is back up. And I am really shocked at GH's numbers..I mean, I could have understood James Franco not bringing in new viewers, but rather leaving the ratings the same...but it really perplexes me that they are going DOWN. I believe that the week before he debuted, GH was attracting 2.8 million.

GH is still doing good in the 18-49 demo, which is good....And I find it odd how OLTL is consistently lower all around than ATWT, but yeat ATWT is the one getting cancelled...I agree that CBS might have something up there sleeve with that. They are probably hoping to attract as many viewers as they can to see how high they can get their ratings in the next 9 months, and if they go up enough, they might renew it at the 11th hour.

I don't know about DAYS moving to another network. I would much rather see it go to ABC than CBS, simply because I think the people that watch DAYS are more likely to watch GH/AMC/OLTL then they are to watch B&B or Y&R.

I would not object to DAYS moving to ABC, but I am not quite sure when it would air. I mean, I really just dont think that OLTL is going anywhere.I think it was always in danger, but I almost wonder if ABC was waiting to see if CBS would cancel ATWT. I dont think they are going to cancel OLTL, because obviously now they will be the only soap airing at 2 (in most markets, or mine at least..), and there hope would be to draw in ATWT viewers.

I think that if CBS had renewed ATWT, then OLTL would have been in more danger, but I think it is safe for now...So if ABC picked up DAYS, I would hope it just aired at 1. I would move AMC to noon, and put DAYS at 1, because it would provide a strong lead in for OLTL, which needs it more than AMC.

If Days went to CBS, I would move Y&R to 12-1, B&B from 1-2 (expand to an hour), and put DAYS on in ATWT's slot of 2-3. However, if ATWT got renewed last minute, then Id just put DAYS on at 3.

But I dont really think DAYS will leave NBC. If Sony wanted it to move, I think NBC would fight for it, because it is the bright spot of their daytime lineup.

I have also wondered about ATWT. Will another network pick it up?? I mean, the producer said they were "actively searching for another network", so do you think one will pick it up? I could see it on ABC....But NBC might be interested in picking it up, in the interest of strengthening their daytime lineup.

I mean, when Passions was cancelled, it moved to another network. Albeit, it didnt last long, it did happen. So nothing is impossible. I would like to see ATWT get picked up by CBS again, but if they go through with the cancellation, i could see it airing on NBC after DAYS, or maybe even ABC.

Archived