Y&R: Actor not gone after all!!

• Members

Thom tells an interviewer in Atlanta this:

“I have been told, ‘You can tell Out & Equal that the character is not written off the show and will be a presence and important part of the fabric of the show for time to come.’”

Apparently a BIG fan outcry has helped his cause. THANK GOD.

And, rumors are ALSO circulating that Beth will be coming back for the holiday season. FINALLY someone is making some correct moves!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They seemed to have told him that, but he isn't in any future spoilers, so I guess they told him they'll use him or mention Phillip sporadically from time to time. He doesn't have a contract, and mentioned on Twitter recently that his contract had expired and Y&R hasn't renewed it. Thom also isn't scheduled to tape anything from what I've heard.

It seems like TPTB told him this to save face and to keep on good terms with him, if they needed him back.

I don't know how else to interpret Phillip moving back to Australia as being "not written out."

I guess he can always show up every couple of months, but he won't be a main presence on the show, which is probably for the better.

What they did with this story and how horribly they treated both Phillip and Bierdz was inexcusable. One of the many reasons Y&R is complete [!@#$%^&*] these days. The incompetent writing and producing team behind Y&R should really be ashamed of themselves for how they handled this, amongst many other things this year.

• Members

+1

And alphanguy, I bet they figured out that they could use Thom to save face with their gay fans and the damage they did to the show and the canvas by having him sporadically appear. He'll be recurring. They won't give him a love interest, they probably won't even give him a story. I bet Hogan's waiting for the moment he can write Ryder as a gay basher who offs Phillip.

• Members

What big fan outcry? I must have missed the fan campaign to bring back Thom. His biggest supporter, Nelson Branco didn't have much to say when Thom was let go. I'm glad that Thom will be getting a pay check though I doubt that he will be getting much airtime.

• Members

Traci: Surprise!

Billy: Who the hell are you?

Ashley: Traci! Why...why are you here? Did something...? (spaces out)

Jack: We used to be a family. <weeps>

Abby: OMG, like, someone died. You only come back with the dead people, you know, like the Grim Brother, with the big ice pick thing he holds, or whatever.

Traci: No. No one died. Really.

Ashley: I can't take this. I'm very fragile right now. No, I'm strong. I am. I have to be, for my daughters...(spaces out)

Jack: Dad, I need you. <weeps>

Billy: So you're my...aunt, right? And the Australian girl died. I'm kicking some ass in her memory. You'll be so proud. Are you going to die? Cause I kinda wanna go kick Nick in the nuts, but I need an excuse.

Traci: Sorry, I'm not dying.

Billy: Well, thanks a lot, Auntie. Family support as always. OK. ::turns red:: Mom, you were never there for me. I should change my name to Cane to get your affection! Now where is the apeman...

Abby: So your husband bit it? He was a total DILF. Sad for you!

Ashley: SABRINA, NO!!! SABRINA!!!!!!!!

Traci: I'm going back to New York.

Archived