Y&R: Discussion for the Week December 7

• Members

why do they have to shove j.t, and victoria down our throats? seriously who is watching the business j.t.? when is this character going to go away? i guess since y&r didnt get the two actresses they wanted for victoria we are stuck with this couple. mab sure is afraid to break couples up, isnt she. how many have actually broken up since she's come aboard? two or three at most. thad luckinbill is one of the worst actors on this show but he has those 15 year old-college grad female fans mailing the show like crazy about his current story regarding how is a newman stepping stool, what they don't realize is y&r takes that to mean that we want more j.t., which is actually not true. and when is ah supposed to go on her mat leave? don't tell me its already happened that quick, she has hardly been gone. hasnt there been enough of this couple since the summer started? if you ask me, they played a role in y&r's declining storytelling since the spring.

and ashley bashioum i thought left to go back to school, i din't think she was fired.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

your right, i just read that on wiklipedia that she was fired because of her school schedule conflicting with her work. that could also explain why she was having very little airtime before the whole kevin/mac friendship started.

at one point mac was my favorite character but they had to ruin her by putting her back with billy, who is not the same character. now kevin's my favorite and has been since rachel kimsey left the show because i had supported the mac recasts after bashioum's exits. had it not been for mac, i probably would have never been as big a fan of greg rikaart. and where exactly are the writers going with him?

• Members

They reported she quit, but she revealed later in one of the soap mags that it wasn't true. She said they were going in a different direction and her schooling had nothing to do with it. I don't see why she'd go out of her way to say that if it weren't true. She didn't seem bitter. She's just moved on now which is smart. These soap actors don't need to be waiting around for these soaps to call. Glad to see people like Vanessa Marcil and Victoria Rowell working.

• Members

Chloe has gone from personality to personality and story to story. I wish they had kept her with Cane, I think that pairing had some potential. I really wish they hadn't made her Esther's daughter. After the weak attempt to make us pity her, they seemed to give up almost entirely on the relationship, and now her backstory is already known and not that interesting.

Archived